Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Rotoliptic Technologies Inc Squamish
Rotoliptic Technologies Inc Squamish urgently required following position for Senior Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Rotoliptic Technologies Inc Squamish Jobs Details:
We have an employment opportunity for a full time position, beginning April 15, 2018.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for an important role in commercializing our pump technology. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of pump design and operation preferably in the oil and/or chemical industries. The candidate will have 10+ years direct experience in successful engineering, and design, including a good working knowledge of materials, failure modes, and sound design principles. This role will encompass a full development cycles with multiple variations of prototypes through to commercial launch and service support. As such, the successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in delivering projects on time, within a given budget, and understanding the concepts of design for manufacture, design for assembly and design for service. Key competencies include; experienced SolidWorks CAD user, creative problem solving and lateral thinking, ability to conceptualize, illustrate and detail mechanical assemblies, attention to detail and motivation to pursue design challenges to an outstanding resolution. The successful applicant will be familiar with industry standard manufacturing technologies and processes. The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal skills, able to lead a small team of engineers and technicians and will be able to communicate effectively with the whole team.
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians
- Working with management to develop robust development plans and budgets
- Detail testing, performance simulations, assembly, and reliability testing in line with the overall project plan;
- Monitor the investigation and resolution of any technical issues raised through trials, and testing
- Interpret and analyze experimental data to guide future testing and to support industrial design, mechanical concepts, and business development initiatives;
- Prepare engineering documents, manuals and drawings;
- Prepare bill of material and raising purchase requisition for parts and other related products.
- Prepare progress reports (written and verbal) of the projects that have been assigned;
- Carry out prototype builds and testing;
- Finalize the mechanical specifications and functional targets;
- Reports directly to the CTO;
The successful applicant will possess the following credentials and will have demonstrated their excellence in the following areas:
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Mechanical engineering;
- 10+ years previous experience in pump development: experience in an oil and/or chemical application is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to take a product from conceptual design to commercial sales.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical personnel.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and CFD/FEA analysis
- Creative and multi-disciplined (thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, chemistry)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced and changing environment;
- Ability to build, support and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, customers, suppliers, service providers, and consultants;
- Independent and collaborative tasks;
- MS Office Suite;
Rotoliptic is a startup company located in beautiful Squamish BC (40 minutes from Vancouver) leading the innovation of revolutionary pump technology. Our technology integrates a novel Rotoliptic pumping architecture that has superior benefits to incumbent technologies including power, efficiency, and durability. This is a revolutionary technology that requires a very talented and experienced individual to help realize its potential. Our vibrant company offers significant potential for career development and advancement. Our company culture is one of fun, hard work and celebration.
Rotoliptic is only interested in talented people who are interested in building value, pushing boundaries, and contributing positively to its fast paced, fun, and rewarding team-based environment. If you are this type of person, and have the skillset and experience that we require, we encourage you to provide your resume and covering letter!
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)