Portfolio Manager High Yield Jobs Vacancy in Investment Advisors Rpia Toronto
Investment Advisors Rpia Toronto urgently required following position for Portfolio Manager High Yield. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Portfolio Manager High Yield Jobs Vacancy in Investment Advisors Rpia Toronto Jobs Details:
RP Investment Advisors LP (“RPIA”) is looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager – High Yield to begin as soon as possible. RPIA is one of Canada’s leading alternative fixed income asset managers, with their head office located at 39 Hazelton Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5R 2E3. The Portfolio Manager – High Yield will be required to work at the head office, with occasional travel requirements in the performance of job duties.
The main responsibilities and duties of the position include:
- Active management of corporate bond portfolios;
- Engaging in comprehensive market research to identify credits to invest in – with a focus on cross-over and high yield global credits, particularly in North America;
- Identifying mis-priced and attractive securities for investment and making recommendations to associates, investors, and clients;
- Contribute to portfolio construction, including by generating new investment opportunities;
- Finding value in both the primary and secondary market;
- Assist in developing overall credit view for company investments, including by maintaining financial models to determine projected value and profitability;
- Analyzing long and short investments to develop specific credit views on companies and industry sectors;
- Executing portfolio trades with Bay Street and partnering with sales, trading and syndicates of global investment;
- Developing strong relationships with dealers, financial advisors, and clients; and
- Mentoring Junior Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
Specialized knowledge and Required Qualifications include:
- MBA or university bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field with outstanding academic performance;
- Strong foundation in financial management and accounting, including bond execution and portfolio construction theory;
- Extensive trading experience in North American markets;
- Extensive experience in portfolio construction and credit portfolio management;
- Demonstrated ability to connect and build relationships with dealers, financial advisors, investors and clients; and
- C.F.A. or accounting designation would be an asset.
- Ontario Securities Commission registration will be required
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a permanent, full-time position (min. 40 hours/week). The Portfolio Manager – High Yield will also be eligible each June for discretionary incentive compensation, which will be a function of personal, fund and firm performance. The Portfolio Manager will also be covered under RPIA’s standard group medical and dental benefits as well as wellness account benefits and a supplementary health spending allowance from their first day of work, and be entitled to 15 paid vacation days per year.
Additional benefits may include: relocation assistance that may include facilitation of application to secure eligibility to work in Canada, reimbursement of pre-approved relocation expenses up to a maximum of CAD $35,000; temporary living allowance of CAD $8000/month for three months; reimbursement of costs of registration with the Ontario Securities Commission.
To apply please submit your application via email with the position title in the subject line. Please provide your cover letter, resume and a minimum of 2 references.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent