Medical Laboratory Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Joseph Brant Hospital Burlington
Joseph Brant Hospital Burlington urgently required following position for Medical Laboratory Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Laboratory Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Joseph Brant Hospital Burlington Jobs Details:
Job Posting #: 0000002127
Shifts: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Internal employees must apply by midnight on January 20, 2018.
The Laboratory department is currently seeking a casual Lab Assistant III to join their team.
- Blood collection including micro puncture.
- Perform ECG's.
- Specimen accessioning, specimen set up.
- Referred out specimen packing, result data entry - Preliminary Unverified.
- Inventory control including assessment, receiving, storage and supply management.
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Keyboarding skills an asset.
- Must be able to work days, evenings and nights.
- Other duties may include computer entry, answering telephone and other tasks within the scope of a Laboratory Assistant III.
- Graduate of Laboratory Assistant course, preferably with certification by the OSMT (with the
prerequisite of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma).
- Experience in blood collection by venous and micro-puncture or completion of a certified laboratory assistant course with practical training in venipuncture is required.
- Experience in a Laboratory department required, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Experience performing ECG's required.
- High level of organizational and time management skills; and excellent written and verbal observational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective documentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance required.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.