Playroom Associate Jobs Vacancy in Movati Athletic Burlington
Movati Athletic Burlington urgently required following position for Playroom Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Playroom Associate Jobs Vacancy in Movati Athletic Burlington Jobs Details:
Who are we?
Movati Athletic is driven by a vision to empower people’s lives through fitness and health, making the communities we serve healthier and happier. We’re not your typical gym. From the moment you step inside one of our clubs, you’ll experience the difference. This is why our mission is to passionately deliver an experience that makes our members FEEL WELCOME, FEEL COMFORTABLE and FEEL HEALTHY.
Established in 1997, Movati Athletic is a pioneer in the fitness industry offering an experience that goes beyond just working out. We continuously work hard to ensure our services, amenities and employees provide the ultimate well-being experience at an affordable price. What began as one club has now grown to 14, with more on the way. Employing 1,500 full and part time employees (and growing), our caring and exceptional people help ensure our members improve their quality of life. We continue to hire exceptional, caring individuals, adding to our family of Movati Athletic employees.
We’re always on the lookout for the best and brightest to join our expanding company. We are currently searching for a full-time Playroom Associate at our Burlington location. Excited to learn more?
Reporting to the Youth Programs Supervisor, the Playroom Associate is responsible for providing a safe, engaging and entertaining experience for children of all ages. The Playroom Associate is responsible for the supervision of children, ensuring the safety, health and well-being of children at all times.
What can you expect in this role?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on. We can’t wait to hear what else you want to contribute to the role!
- Responsible for the active supervision, safety and organization of children, at all times. Responsible for maintaining appropriate Playroom Associate/Children ratios.
- Responsible for registration of children and facilitating payment for childcare services.
- Responsible for leading playroom activities, as required and as scheduled – i.e. play with, read to and talk to children, supporting their individual development and interests.
- Responsible for ensuring that Playroom is run in a safe, clean and fun atmosphere.
- Responsible for assessing and ensuring that all necessary materials are present to support daily programming at the beginning of each shift.
- Responsible for responding quickly to emergency situations and performing appropriate rescue techniques and first aid, as appropriate.
- Provides exceptional customer service to meet the diverse needs of new and existing clients. Builds and sustains relationships with children, parents, and Club members.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of Playroom facilities and equipment.
- Proactively addresses any member concerns or issues related to Playroom activities with a caring attitude and/or escalates them to the Child Care Supervisor for resolution.
- Completes all administrative paperwork and tasks accurately, diligently and promptly. Maintains accurate records and journals.
What type of experience should you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience is required. Post-Secondary education related to Early Childhood education is an asset.
- 1 + years related experience working with infants and toddlers and/or early childhood teaching or childcare experience required. Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field is required.
- CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment.
- Related industry experience is an asset (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills, ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, parents and staff. Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude are required.
Interested candidates are invited to: APPLY; we regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Movati Athletic is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We can’t wait to meet you!