Senior Account Manager Real Estate Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Halifax
Bmo Financial Group Halifax urgently required following position for Senior Account Manager Real Estate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Account Manager Real Estate Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Halifax Jobs Details:
The Senior Account Manager – (SAM) is accountable to
provide project financing, relationship management and holistic solutions to a
portfolio of existing Corporate Finance Clients and prospects. This role will
work in concert with and reports to the Regional Market Leader, on matters
concerning clients. The role has
accountability to know the local market and to retain, sustain and develop new
and valuable opportunities, as well as referral opportunities to specialized
areas (i.e.: Cash Management, Retail, etc.), to grow share of wallet and increase profitability of the assigned real estate portfolio.
The Senior Account Manager will apply effective and professional consultative sales and business development principles, practices and techniques to identify negotiate structure and provide the initial underwriting for real estate business transactions. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and will ensure compliance with internal and external requirements and regulations.
This role transacts deals in the $5,000,000 – $100,000,000 segment.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness:
- Apply relationship selling and relationship management principles and techniques to an assigned portfolio of CFD clients, reviewing and enhancing holistic financial solutions to meet all client needs.
- Retain and expand Corporate Finance relationships to achieve portfolio and client retention, sales, service, and profitability objectives, and proactively develop relationships with new clients
- Manage the risk of the assigned portfolio in a timely and precise manner, focusing on quality of information, analysis, profitability, and credit recommendations to ensure the profitable execution of sales credit/non-credit products and services to CFD clients. Directly manage the annual review process, interim reviews, specified quarterly reports and resolution of exceptions advised by Portfolio Management.
- Maintain accurate documentation and manage the timely validation from the Global Financial Services (GFS) that security continues to exist with all registrations and adherence to prescribed policies and procedures and overall safety of the Bank’s position is ensured.
- Work with the deal team on new client acquisitions, establishing a working relationship with key decision makers, seamlessly assuming accountability for the relationship and risk management of the client when appropriate.
- Apply relationship selling and relationship management principles and techniques to an assigned portfolio of CFD clients, reviewing and enhancing holistic financial solutions to meet all banking needs working with the Regional Market Leader when necessary on significant new project or acquisition applications.
- Provide timely and effective problem resolution, escalating customer issues as necessary and per the established process to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Be highly visible in the market and with a long-term focus, develop an internal and external network of sources to identify sales opportunities. This will include Commercial Account Managers, financial investors, financial professional and consultants.
- Establish linkages with CFD & BMO Capital Partners, and “Industry Specialty” Groups, to leverage sales and referral opportunities, improve share of wallet, and to acquire and retain profitable relationships
- Develop and maintain expertise in lending and keeping current with the changing economics of the industry
- Develop an understanding of cross channel sales referral processes, local market, and existing business relationships to maximize share of wallet, increase revenue, and to acquire new clients
- Establish and enhance the Bank’s profile by participating in meaningful and focused business and community activities and seeking out and creating opportunities to generate new business
- Apply business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices and techniques, to support the achievement of target level sales and the full suite of commercial products and services
- Champion a sales environment that achieves consistent, superior customer service and good working relationships with Corporate Finance Customer Service Officers
- Leverage technology and tools to identify and refer profitable sales opportunities and to ensure optimal effectiveness, efficiency, and delivery of Commercial products and services
- Prepare credit application for new business opportunities for both existing and new clients.
- Work with Regional Market Leader to develop, implement, review, revise and manage a 1 – 2 year Relationship Development and Sales Plan, focusing on identifying opportunities that will strengthen and build existing profitable relationships that will result in meeting or exceeding revenue and service targets.
- Review and monitor revenue, profitability and service performance against plan, identify gaps, address accordingly and share best practices.
- Contribute to Corporate Finance Business Plan ( as appropriate ), regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability and portfolio growth potential, based on knowledge of local marketplace
- Co-ordinate and share planning, implementation and review activities with key BMO Capital Partner Groups ( All Corporate Finance Specialty Groups, Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, BMO Harris Private Banking, etc.) and identify opportunities to ensure client’s needs and expectations are profitably met and/or exceeded.
- Review sales and service plans on an ongoing basis to reflect opportunities and changes in assigned portfolio and competitive local market environment; develop an action plan, and update Area Manager on any changes that may impact the Business Plan
- Protect the Bank’s assets and maintain portfolio quality by adhering to Commercial lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines. Ensure all business is in conformity with Bank Policies and prescribed guidelines
- Follow processes that ensure accurate comprehensive investigation; analysis and due diligence is conducted in the documentation of acceptable transactions sourced for adjudication under the Commercial Lending Process.
- Manage risk and minimize losses through monitoring and control reports, ensuring compliance requirements, audits, and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures and all legal, regulatory and ethical requirements
- Document and follow-up on any discrepancies to procedures, with significant operational risk and escalate as required
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
- Exercise individually held Commercial unilateral discretionary limits as well as any held prescribed approval discretionary limits (ie overdraft, credit applications), ensuring credit decisions and recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and related procedures (e.g. Lending Directives, Commercial Lending Policy etc.) completing analysis; confirming security valuations; completing and approving credit applications for authorizations under Commercial Lending Policy
- Initiate engagement of appropriate CFD partners and Credit early in the process when significant deteriorating trends are evident, working with them to engage other BMO specialty roles &/or SAMU, as appropriate
- Adhere to Know Your Client Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
- Business Acumen In-depth
- Business Valuation Working
- Environmental Understanding In-depth
- Financial Understanding In-depth
- Conflict Management & Resolution In-depth
- Market Strategy & Planning Working
- Negotiation In-depth
- Problem Solving In-depth
- Relationship Management In-depth
- Risk Management In-depth
- Sales & Service In-depth
- Credit Qualified with commercial limits
- Credit Adjudication Experience
- In-depth understanding of area of product expertise (ie. Real Estate, ), Commercial Lending Process, Commercial Lending Directive, supporting processes and technology
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Commercial Banking
Primary Location Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax
Organisation Commercial Banking-X000003
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date Ongoing