Data Reporting Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Covenant House Vancouver Lower Mainland
Covenant House Vancouver Lower Mainland urgently required following position for Data Reporting Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Reporting Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Covenant House Vancouver Lower Mainland Jobs Details:
Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of services for at-risk youth in the Vancouver area. We have an opening for a Data Reporting Analyst, who will work with our front line Programs to maintain and mine the essential data we use to improve outcomes for the young people we serve. Combine your passion for data, metrics and reporting, with the chance to help change the world for young people! We also offer a great benefit package, competitive salary and the opportunity to attend a variety of training courses all paid for by Covenant House.
- Implement and maintain data analytics, stewardship, management, governance, and user support for Efforts to Outcome (ETO) enterprise solution.
- Collaborate with the Database Administrator in building and maintaining the ETO software (including system configuration and upgrade, reports / queries development, data conversion and batch upload).
- Maintain accuracy and quality of the Key Performance Indicators and Outcomes (KPIO) and other program metrics.
- Design best data architecture and select the most appropriate modelling techniques and data visualization.
- Establish an archive of core algorithms and queries, refreshed at defined frequencies, including iteratively testing, refining, and improving them.
- Initiate and lead projects in the area of prediction, optimization, and processes using advanced statistical and computational methodologies.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical methodologies and maximize data quality.
- Identify deficiencies in system / software specifications and recommend areas of enhancement.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve data anomalies and discrepancies.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate ETO documentation of all reporting processes and protocols.
- Liaise with ETO vendor on new features and functionalities, troubleshooting / bug reporting, and pursuing continuous training and development.
- Stay educated about current and new ETO features and functionalities as well as concepts driving the development of ETO; when required, obtain the appropriate ETO certification.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Applied Statistics or Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology, Operational Research, or a related field; or a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences
- Minimum 2 years' experience required n gathering, mining, analyzing, and reporting data; including a demonstrated ability to identify appropriate statistical analysis for large datasets and graphical display for the data and measurement objectives
Knowledge - Required
- Statistical software and packages (e.g. R, Python)
- Business intelligence tools (e.g. BusinessObjects, Tableau)
- Database management system (e.g. MS Access, SQL Server)
- MS Excel
Knowledge - Assets
- Survey tools (e.g., survey monkey), collaboration tools (e.g., MS Outlook, Project), and SharePoint
- Data governance, data quality best practices, and database structures / theories / formats
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations to senior team members
- Analytical, time management, and organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- User support delivery / customer service
- Facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to positive closure
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding of privacy laws and regulations that are relevant to database management and non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of the Social Service sector
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal leave
- 35 hour week
- Preferred start date: ASAP
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in and would like to be a part of a family like organisation with excellent growth opportunities, please send us your resume. We also offer a great benefit package, competitive salary and the opportunity to attend a variety of training courses all paid for by Covenant House.
Job Contact Info:
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
At Covenant House Vancouver, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our youth. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we hire on the basis of merit, ensuring quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity by actively welcoming employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all gender identities and gender expression, sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.