Unit Secretary Medicine Jobs Vacancy in Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill
Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill urgently required following position for Unit Secretary Medicine. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Unit Secretary Medicine Jobs Vacancy in Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill Jobs Details:
In collaboration with nursing, other hospital staff and various community services, provides clerical and administrative support to maintain a progressive, efficient, organized healthcare environment that further enhances the patient and staff experience.
- Operates, maintains and orders different types of office and hospital equipment and supplies in a fast paced, dynamic, open concept setting.
- Establishes and maintains manual, automated and statistical records and filing systems.
- Inputs data information for admissions, transfers, and discharges into systems.
- Enters consults, print labels, and completes work lists on EPIC, including scanning documents into EPIC.
- Orients and assists patients and families to the unit.
- Books transportation and appointments (internal and external).
- Supports MRN and Unit with various clerical duties as assigned.
- Updates unit level space on Quality boards in collaboration with Unit Patient Care Coordinator and Manager.
- Assists and conducts audits where assigned.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and call bells, and communicates with staff, patients and families.
- With a script, makes post discharge calls to support patient experience and service recovery where needed .
- Prints call list and other documents as required.
- Performs duties related to supporting patient flow and bed allocation as required.
- Monitors Bed Unit Manager and communicates patients assigned in and out of Unit with the MRN, PCC, and Nursing Staff, and updates Bed Board.
- Facilitates day-to-day maintenance of the Unit such as cleaning of patient’s fridge etc.
- Supports students as required.
- Secretarial support for unit council.
- Assists with Joint Occupational Health and Safety inspection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Prior experience in an administrative/clerical role required, preferably within a healthcare environment.
- Keyboarding skills (40 wpm).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, i.e. volume, crowded environment, interruptions, completing a variety of tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Experience with computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- HBOC, EPF, ESP experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively deescalate situations
- Demonstrates Customer Service skills
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and patients within a challenging and exciting healthcare environment.
- This position is represented by OPSEU
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.