Permanent Part Time Administrative Library Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Prairie Valley School Division
- Permanent Part Time Administrative Library Assistant
- Prairie Valley School Division
- 24 May, 2018 28 days ago
Prairie Valley School Division urgently required following position for Permanent Part Time Administrative Library Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Permanent Part Time Administrative Library Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Prairie Valley School Division Jobs Details:
School Support/Administrative/Library Assistant
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing general administrative assistance and support to the Principal and Vice-Principal and organizing and maintaining an efficient school office that contributes to the smooth operation of the school for the benefit of administrators, staff, students and parents, while projecting a professional image as a first point of contact for the school.
- The Library Assistant is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the school library in order to support school libraries as positive, welcoming and relevant centres of learning for all members of the school community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of proficiency in database software and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communicaiton skills
- Ability to display professionalism in all relationships and interactions
- Ability to interact positively with students and staff and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Familiarity with SIRS, Teacher Logic, Navision, Absence Management, SDS, SGF, Conference Manager, Permission Click and Mandarin 3 Library Software would be a definite asset
- A certificate in Office Education or Administration
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience working in an office setting in a large and diverse organization
- Post-secondary Library/Information Services Diploma or certificate or equivalent post-secondary education is an asset
- As per Conditions of Employment (non-union)
- Administrative Assistant: Equivalent of 1 hour and 30 minutes per day, 10 months per year
- Library Assistant: Equivalent of 1 hour and 57 minutes per day, 10 months per year
- To commence August 27, 2018
- Starting salary $20.55 for Administrative Assistant and $19.35 for Library Assistant
- Five Unassigned Block Hour days during the summer period as the Administrative Assistant
- Some manual labour including regular physical exertion and handling of objects up to 30 pounds (14 kg) on a repeated basis through the day and pushing weight bearing carts
For the full job descriptions of the Administrative Assistant and Library Assistant positions, please click here.
- Interested applicants should submit their application online at www.pvsd.ca/careers by midnight on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
Selection Procedure: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prairie Valley School Division supports the principles of a representative work force and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.