Part Time Bookkeeper Administrative Support Jobs Vacancy in Barrie Citadel Barrie
Barrie Citadel Barrie urgently required following position for Part Time Bookkeeper Administrative Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Bookkeeper Administrative Support Jobs Vacancy in Barrie Citadel Barrie Jobs Details:
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
- Perform all bookkeeping duties for Barrie Citadel ministry unit
- Work with the accounting system concerning accounts payable & receivable, monitors cash balance of local operating account to ensure sufficient funds available to issue disbursements; advises ministry unit when shortages are incurred
- Ensure all AP invoices are coded according to the budget and submitted for payment to Octacom/Agresso in a timely manner to avoid any late fees
- Follow up on AP invoice enquires from vendors and or staff members
- Prepare/review and/or approves various account reconciliations
- Generates various financial reports including monthly/yearly statements as required/ needed
- Respond to routine enquiries, both internal and external
- Process cash receipts and contributions/monetary donations from the general public, congregational members, clients, etc.; prepares and deposits funds to the local operating bank and enters into the accounting system; issues tax receipts as required for charitable giving
- Ensure the maintenance and accuracy of ledgers through regular review of ledgers in all departments; drafts and processes journal entries into the financial system of the ministry unit
- Prepare for audits
- Monitor stored financial reports and destroys old reports as per retention of records policies
- Process expense claims for Corps Officer
- Liaises with local banks on issues pertaining to the ministry unit
- Ensure the maintenance of petty cash fund; ensure balance is appropriately safeguarded and replenished on a regular basis
- Maintain proper records and ensure that all legal requirements concerning the finance of the ministry unit are met
- Understand and promote the values and Mission Statement of The Salvation Army with respect to matters of finance
- Adhere to the operating policies of The Salvation Army concerning employees and finances
- Create and edit weekly Easy Worship slides for Worship Services
- Maintain Website as directed by Corps Officer
- Provide assistance to Corps Officer in areas of administration as required
- Assist with reception duties (i.e. answering telephone) on Mondays
- Other duties as assigned or directed
- Completed at least two years community college in bookkeeping or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in general bookkeeping/accounting in an office environment
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems including MS Excel, Word and email
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with utmost integrity
- Strong and clear communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
The successful candidate upon hiring must provide:
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Participate in our anti abuse training
HOURS: 12 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application