Administrative Assistant The Director Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Alliance Ottawa
Public Service Alliance Ottawa urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant The Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant The Director Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Alliance Ottawa Jobs Details:
Under the guidance of the Director, Communications and Political Action and Campaigns Branch, maintains the coordination of all administrative aspects of the Branch administration while carrying out a wide variety of administrative and secretarial responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the Branch.
Education and experience:
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent normally provided through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, including the ability to use Windows, FrontPage, Microsoft, Access, Excel, Outlook and the Internet;
- Knowledge of trade union’s role, objectives, and activities was well as an understanding of and commitment to union and equity principles, PSAC policies, constitution, regulations and objective;
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, function and policies of the Public Service Alliance of Canada;
- Knowledge of where to go within the organization for needed information and ability to judge what information should be passed on to various staff;
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting procedures.
- Ability to prepare and monitor budgets;
- Well-developed time management skills to deal effectively with conflicting priorities and time sensitive issues while remaining focused in the face of multiple distractions;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively on a team;
- Ability to determine priorities without supervision;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Skill in organizing material, information, in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication of effort;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Good judgment and diplomacy;
- High degree of initiative.
A detailed job description is available on our website: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac