Sql Dba Jobs Vacancy in Compugen Inc Richmond Hill
Compugen Inc Richmond Hill urgently required following position for Sql Dba. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sql Dba Jobs Vacancy in Compugen Inc Richmond Hill Jobs Details:
Compugen Managed Services provides infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of clients. In this role the candidate would assume responsibility of Database Administrator for a number of Compugen Clients.
Overnight travel to Tiverton, ON will be required on a semi monthly basis.
As part of the Compugen team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Compugen is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our staff members have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- a degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent in real-world experience.
- 6-8 years of experience as an Oracle and SQL DBA.
- 3-5 years of experience with Oracle in Linux and AIX environments in development, test and production environments.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, Oracle Enterprise Manager and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, Clustering, Database mirroring, and replication.
- superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- strong technical orientation; willing to learn on the fly; a creative problem solver; and work well in a fast paced team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required including strong documentation skills.
- Should be an efficient user of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio.
- ITIL v3 certified is an asset
- DBA Certifications are an asset.
- Provide general SQL and Oracle Database administration troubleshooting and problem solving support as required.
- Perform major and minor upgrades and patching on managed databases.
- Proactively monitor all managed databases to ensure secure services with minimal downtime or service degradation.
- Perform health checks on database systems to help identify performance bottlenecks.
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning
- Provide trend analysis to customers to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive them to a timely resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Identify potential impacts and dependencies when planning database or infrastructure changes.
- Enforce and follow Compugen ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- Prepare detailed documentation and diagrams of database configuration and infrastructure.
- Act as a Subject Matter expert and mentor to other team members for Oracle and SQL.
- Work extended hours as necessary to cover off system changes, urgent support and project related requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies in order to provide support as new products are released
- Provide strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects as directed by customer, service management team and/or Operations team
- Participate in Managed Services Operations on call, as needed to supplement 24x7 Support.
Job Type: Full-time