Band Resource Manager Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Queen Charlotte
Public Service Queen Charlotte urgently required following position for Band Resource Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Band Resource Manager Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Queen Charlotte Jobs Details:
Management Band 3
Salary $72,000 - $100,000 annually, plus a $71.75 bi-weekly isolation allowance
This position is excluded from union membership
An eligibility list may be established
Consider this exceptional opportunity to live and work in beautiful Haida Gwaii, B.C. -- you will experience unparalleled scenery, amazing outdoor activities and a distinctive cultural experience like no other!
Reporting to the District Manager you will manage a diverse team and oversee the operations of the Haida Gwaii Natural Resource District. You will promote the unique approach of “One Team – Two Governments” and assist the District Manager in continuing to build the relationship between the Province of British Columbia, the Council of the Haida Nation and Haida Gwaii.
The Province of BC, in collaboration with the CHN, is searching for an individual with managerial experience who can lead the Haida Gwaii Natural Resource District Team.
As Resource Manager, you will provide leadership, direction and expert advice on the delivery of exceptional client service. You will support the District Manager in integrating and coordinating natural resource services on Haida Gwaii. You will be responsible for operational program delivery, financial, human resource supervision, project management and assisting with organizational culture change.
Your strong operational orientation and commitment to outcomes makes you comfortable leading change and you have a proven strategic side providing for creative solutions to the complex nature of Natural Resource Management. The successful candidate for this position will be a skilled leader and confident team player with strong supervisory acumen, excellent client service skills, strong verbal and writing ability who relates well to a diverse range of clients, partners and stakeholders.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Leonard.Munt@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “HOW TO APPLY” section below.
More information is also available on our Haida Gwaii Natural Resource District page .
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Natural resource Management field (i.e. forestry, engineering ,lands, agriculture etc.), commerce, public/business administration, organization change management or environmental science; AND a minimum of 5 years of related experience; OR,
- Master's degree in a related field/discipline; AND a minimum of 3 years of related experience; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Note: your resume must clearly outline how your education and experience meets as an equivalent as outlined above.
- Experience in natural resource operations, managing financial resources, organizational culture change, partner and client relationships, and supervising multi-disciplinary professional and technical staff.
- Experience leading/ coaching diverse teams.
- Experience with financial processes.
- Human resource management experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationships and resolving problems with First Nation partners, stakeholders and clients in natural resource management or infrastructure development.
- Haida Ancestry.
- Relationship building experience with the Haida Nation.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES - Prior to submitting your application for this opportunity, update your resume profile by using the copy and paste function to add your resume. Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and experience including the job related responsibilities and the month(s) and year(s) for your education and for each job in your employment history .