Operations Risk And Administration Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Montréal
Hsbc Montréal urgently required following position for Operations Risk And Administration Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Risk And Administration Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Montréal Jobs Details:
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of an Operations Risk and Administration Specialist
include the following:
To provide operational and administrative support and quality standards to the Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) business that may be specialized in nature. Overall nature of work is moderately complex.
May provide timely quality resolution of customer service disputes that are received by phone, by mail or by email.
- Exceeds expectations in terms of speed, certainty and efficiency of response.
- Identify and understand customer needs in order to complete transactions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Act as second level escalation for handling more complex issues as well as a referral point for signing authority and approvals.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to internal and external contacts.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Promotes and contributes to team-based approach in completing tasks and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Provide guidance to Operations Risk and Administration Associates, Personal Bankers and Premium Bankers.
- Participates in quality, regulatory and compliance training in order to meet performance targets.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity.
- Demonstrates Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Secondary school graduation.
- At least 1 year of experience in related role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Career minded team player and development minded.
- Chargeback experience with MasterCard could be an asset.
- Ability to meet volume, quality and regulatory performance targets.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Proven ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- High attention to detail with advanced time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- May require industry-specific courses to serve as back up to the HIFC Branch Manager.
- To serve as backup HBM the incumbent requires:
- Proficiency requirements*
- 2 years experience selling mutual funds
- Registerable as the BM under the applicable securities legislation.
- World Selection Portfolio certification (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead and guide others.
- Willingness to be mobile in local area.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
- Proficiency requirements could include any one of:
- Canadian Securities Course;
- Canadian Investment Funds Course; or
- Investment Funds in Canada AND the Branch Manager Course offered by CSI or IFIC; or
- A Branch Compliance Officers Course offered by Investment Funds Institute of Canadian Bankers.
- Cantonese and Mandarin is a strong asset
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.