Summer Student Public Education Communication Intern Jobs Vacancy in Guelph Wellington Women Crisis Guelph
- Summer Student Public Education Communication Intern
- Guelph Wellington Women Crisis
- Guelph ON
- 04 May, 2018 17 days ago
Guelph Wellington Women Crisis Guelph urgently required following position for Summer Student Public Education Communication Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Summer Student Public Education Communication Intern Jobs Vacancy in Guelph Wellington Women Crisis Guelph Jobs Details:
Our team is seeking a highly motivated
Summer Student - Public Education & Communications Intern.
This eight week 30hours per week position, reporting to the Public Educator, requires a self-starting, team player with a strong commitment to social justice for women and children. You will be responsible for assisting with design, development and distribution of promotional information to the public regarding agency programs and services.
Start date: June 4th, 2018
- Assist with the management of the Agencies on-line presence including website and social media platforms.
- Assist with media relations.
- Increase program and service awareness to the public by ensuring diverse and marginalized communities have full access to information.
- Attend public events to promote Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis.
- Assist with public education and fundraising, presentations and workshops.
- Assist with the planning and promotion of social activism events ie. Take Back The Night.
- Assist in day to day management of office as needed.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must be full time enrollment at school and returning to school in September 2018.
- Flexibility in working occasional evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Well developed time management abilities.
- Familiarity with societal issues regarding violence and abuse against women and children.
- General knowledge of rural and urban cultures and community resources.
- Understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression.
- Experience with multi-media programming including digital photography and videography an asset.
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing software an asset.
- Experience with graphic design an asset.
- Ability to access transportation when required to fulfill duties within Guelph and Wellington County.
Closing Date: May 25th, 2018
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis is committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression work and in keeping with this principle we encourage Aboriginal women, women of colour, women with disabilities, lesbians, bisexual women and transwomen to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or other enquiries please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or other enquiries please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract