Assistant Manager Operations Risk And Administration Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc London
- Assistant Manager Operations Risk And Administration
- London ON
- 11 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Hsbc London urgently required following position for Assistant Manager Operations Risk And Administration. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Manager Operations Risk And Administration Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc London Jobs Details:
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of an Assistant Manager Operations Risk and Administration include the following:
To provide operational and administrative support and quality standards to the Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) business, ensuring risk elements are identified and mitigated. Overall nature of work is moderately complex and performs activities that are straightforward and similar in nature.
In small–medium community branch and / or assigned spoke or buddy branch this position is expected to oversee and specifically manage compliance and risk related activities, ensuring elements are identified and mitigated for entire branch team (referred to as Branch Compliance role).
- Identify understand and anticipate customer needs in order to provide effective, efficient and timely customer service and support.
- Act as a primary point of contact for more complex operational inquiries involving internal and external parties.
- Primary HBM role supervises the mutual fund sales business conducted within the branch (approve new accounts and monitor trading activity) and act as the primary point of contact for mutual fund customer inquiries requiring escalation.
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Oversee, and monitor customer complaints and where possible handles resolution appropriately and or escalate complex or unsual issue to higher levels
- Responsible for training and development in relation to Know Your Client (KYC) processes, policies, activities and reporting on behalf of functional area and / or branch.
- Lead, promote and engage inteam-based approach in anticipating and managing customer needs.
- Lead, engage and promote the culture of Treating Customer Fairly in the team
- Provide staff performance reviews on quarterly basis to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide training and development to others as related to operational and risk activities.
- Provide open access for employees and customers to build rapport, discuss issues, and resolve concerns.
- Responsible for overseeing team / functional area.
- Recommend hires or hires appropriately, leverages the talents of the team, identifies potential leaders from the team, and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge.
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate HSBC Group Leadership capabilities and HSBC values and behaviours.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Provide input to Branch Manager to assist with leading and developing an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices. Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- University / College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Requires industry-specific courses to serve as primary or back-up HSBC Investment Funds (Canada) Branch Manager. To serve as primary HBM the incumbent requires:
- Proficiency requirements
- 2 years experience selling mutual funds
- Registerable as the Branch Manager under the applicable securities legislation
- Ability to work independently.
- 2 - 3 years of related work experience.
- Ability to lead and guide others
- Advanced problem solving skills to resolve issues within own functional area.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Advanced knowledge of HSBC’s products / services.
- Advanced knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, procedures and systems within own area. For compliance related function: must have excellent knowledge of HSBC policies, practices relating to compliance and risk.
- Advanced understanding of legislation and regulations as they apply to own area.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.