Engineering Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Efficiency Engineering Inc Cambridge
Efficiency Engineering Inc Cambridge urgently required following position for Engineering Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Efficiency Engineering Inc Cambridge Jobs Details:
The Engineering Operations Manager is directly responsible for the planning and designing of projects in the department. The Engineering Operations Manager develops and plans the design of all major projects while setting and maintaining the established budgets. He/she will be responsible for staff productivity and must maintain effective staff utilization targets. He/she leads the development of the department including: performance management and ensuring training necessary for projects is completed. The Engineering Operations Manager coordinates and directs projects, staff and sets goals, budgets and timelines for active projects.
- Team Leadership
- Ensuring Accountability
- Managing People & Resources
- Planning & Organizing
- Project Management
- Decision Making
- Industry Knowledge
- Managing Conflicts
- Client Focus
- Leading Change
- Revenue & Profitability Management
- Analysis & Assessment
- Fostering Learning & Development
- Facilities Engineering
- Assign, direct, and evaluate employee’s work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate site work with other staff activities.
- Manage staff by coaching and mentoring as appropriate to improve performance.
- Analyze technology, and resource needs to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of project engineering work; through project coordination meetings and other means.
- Monitor progress against project schedules and budgets; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals.
- Direct, review, and approve design and project changes as appropriate.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Direct the coordination of special projects for the Engineering Department.
- After project budget approval, assign projects to engineering staff; set priorities and adjust workload accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors, Peers, and Subordinates.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Engineering degree in an appropriate field,Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent.
- 7 or more years of Engineering experience
- P.Eng preferred
- Clearly demonstrated experience with building retrofit design
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering theories and principles as they relate to buildings
- 3 or more years experience in an Engineering Department with direct responsibility for the design and/or construction portion of the department
- 2 or more years in a supervisory role, managing professionals
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASHRAE HVAC standards such as 62.1 and 90.1
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario building and electrical codes
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply the right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Effective leadership skills required
- Travel required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to physically implement designs
- Overtime as required
- May be exposed to construction sites