Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario Toronto
Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario Toronto urgently required following position for Communications Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario Toronto Jobs Details:
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Ontario, is committed to improving services and support for individuals with mental illnesses and addictions issues and to the promotion of mental health in Ontario. Through our network of 30 local branches, CMHA serves nearly 100,000 Ontarians annually.
We are seeking an energetic team player to join our communications department in the newly created role of Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Communications Coordinator will help execute strategic communications priorities that support CMHA Ontario and its programs, departments and local branches.
The preferred candidate is expected to work with the communications team to:
- Support communications planning for the organization by maintaining CMHA Ontario’s editorial calendar.
- Maintain CMHA Ontario’s media database and daily news clippings package as well as run media analysis reports.
- Work with departmental colleagues to provide tactical communications advice and collateral to promote key initiatives.
- Help draft, edit and coordinate content for use over a variety of channels (e.g. presentations website, social media, newsletters, email communiques, key messages, etc.)
- Serve as a backup role to create and distribute content on CMHA Ontario’s social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Provide administrative support that includes scheduling duties and coordination of deliverables / collateral materials for events, announcements and other projects.
We are a seeking a personable individual with a positive attitude who has up to 3 years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing public relations, journalism or related field. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communications skills and be a strong multi-tasker. Bilingualism in French, graphic design experience and knowledge of Ontario’s mental health and addictions sector an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all individuals with relevant experience, people with disabilities, including people with lived experience of mental health and addictions issues and family members. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Salary range $54,046.48 to $60,762.20 (Bargaining Unit)
Please note: this is a one-year contract with the possibility for extension.
Please submit your resume to:
Director, Corporate Resources
Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 2301
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 977-2813
Closing date: May 18, 2018
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $54,046.48 /year
- communications, marketing, public relationsm journalism: 3 years