Golf Course Attendant Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary
City Calgary Calgary urgently required following position for Golf Course Attendant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Golf Course Attendant Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary Jobs Details:
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life. As a Golf Course Attendant II, you will provide high quality customer service to golf course customers. Primary duties include:
- Book and cancel golf tee times.
- Process payments for golf course revenue according to City and golf course guidelines and policies (duties include: revenue collection for green fees and admissions pass sales, driving range tokens, food/concession items and alcohol sales); Assist the Golf Course Attendant III with training and coaching staff when required.
- Perform daily cash out procedures, reconcile payments, banks deposits, track and balance numbered passes and negotiable.
- Collect payment and prepare rental agreements golf equipment (golf clubs, pull carts, power carts). Cleaning, staging (where required) and tracking equipment return is required.
- Perform starter functions which include: traffic, crowd and tee box control, enforcing facility regulations, assisting customers with information requests and complaint resolution.
- Maintain clubhouse cleanliness in the public seating areas, back of house areas and washroom facilities throughout each shift.
- Help with concession ordering, inventory, rotating stock, loading and unloading orders. Some light manual labour and janitorial duties such as cleaning the concession & equipment, washing floors, cleaning washrooms and vacuuming is required.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Some High School plus a minimum of 2 years cash handling or related experience.
- OR a High School diploma or equivalency (for exampte: GED) plus a minimum of 6 months cash handling or related experience.
- Applicants must have completed or be willing to complete Pro Serve Alcohol Server, Food Safety Basics and Emergency First Aid certification.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous golf course experience.
- Previous customer service experience and experience working with Point of Sale (POS) software is considered an asset.
- Success in this position requires the ability to make sound decisions and work independently under constant pressure.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Calgary Recreation
Position Type: Temporary (up to 8 months) & On-Call
Location: Various clubhouse locations
Compensation: Pay Grade 4 $25.41 - 33.95 per hour (2017 rates)
Days of Work: This position works various shifts to accommodate operational requirements.
Hours of work: Full-Time 38 hours per week; Part-Time 25 hours per week; On-Call hours vary based on operational needs.
Apply By: February 23, 2018
Job ID #: 300450