Community Services Worker Jobs Vacancy in Niagara Region
Niagara Region urgently required following position for Community Services Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Services Worker Jobs Vacancy in Niagara Region Jobs Details:
Approximate Duration: 12 months
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Support Team members in achieving team/division objectives through the provision and collection of information, such as assisting with verification of eligibility of new applicants and ongoing participants when the Casemanager unavailable to complete the scheduled interview. Provide other administrative supports to all program/staff.
• Completion of 2 year Community College Social Services Worker diploma program
• Additional training in software courses including database, spreadsheet, word processing, and other software applications
• Minimum 2 years of experience in social services environment providing customer service to clients and administrative support to staff
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
• Must possess knowledge and experience in advanced office automation systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, data base and presentation applications
• Must possess strong keyboarding skills, excellent spelling and grammar
• Knowledge and understanding of local community resources an asset
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Diversity and sensitivity training, an asset
• Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.