Wordpress Website Developer With Graphic Design Skills Jobs Vacancy in Geek Unicorn Toronto
- Wordpress Website Developer With Graphic Design Skills
- Geek Unicorn
- Toronto ON
- 09 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Geek Unicorn Toronto urgently required following position for Wordpress Website Developer With Graphic Design Skills. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Wordpress Website Developer With Graphic Design Skills Jobs Vacancy in Geek Unicorn Toronto Jobs Details:
Web Design Unicorn
Hourly rate is NEGOTIABLE - we are looking to pay a competitive rate to a well-equipped candidate!
Geek Unicorn is a full service online presence management agency that specializes in web design, branding, and search engine optimization. We’re looking to expand our in-office team with a few positions, including a Web Designer who will support the team at Geek Unicorn. Geek unicorn has a mix of new and existing clients and clients whose sites were built by other designers. This job will be varied with many ongoing projects and clients. It will be a mix of building websites (Yay! Creativity) and maintaining and updating pre-existing websites (Yay! Administration.)
Our Work Environment Is:
Ambitious . We look for solutions, not excuses. We anticipate problems and find a path to a successful outcome. We strive to learn from our failures, celebrate our success, and tackle each project head on with optimism.
Passionate. We love what we do. We are eager to come to work each day. We always want to be the best we can at what we do here.
Efficient. We streamline our processes to get the most out of each work hour. We are always looking for ways we can do things better.
Flexible . You have a life and we want you to live it. If you need Friday off because there is a killer concert in town or your kid needs to get to the dentist – go for it (just let us know and we’ll work something out).
Creative. We provide an environment that inspires, protects, and celebrates creativity. We use our ideas to generate measurable results. We believe that creativity is everyone’s responsibility.
KEY Responsibilities and Duties (*Willingness to learn is great, but the ideal candidate need to hit the ground running on these three key elements.)
- Take full ownership of the design and build of WordPress websites using Cornerstone. Also able to build out the design of a site given to you in .PSD format from a Lead designer.
- Strong experience and familiarity with all settings and workings for commerce websites, specifically using Woocommerce.
- Key Graphic design skills (Photoshop for sizing / optimizing photos; Illustrator for manipulating various graphic files etc.) - extremely important
- Participate in requirements gathering and project scoping; Participate in conceptualization and ideation of projects; Updating plug-ins and security on WordPress sites
Standard Webdesign Support duties:
- Create, enhance and maintain landing pages
- Set up sandboxes for new and existing websites
- Basic setup of host platform and SMTP settings
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs
- Quality Assurance
Qualifications and Skills
This role is right for you if:
You have 3+ years of experience building websites
You have 1+ years working with WordPress - Cornerstone
You enjoy Cupcakes (One of our owners is a Cupcake making Guru.)
You are familiar with both UX and UI applications
You write clean code, optimized for performance, load times and maintainability
You like variety and working on multiple projects
You’re super meticulous about the little details
You’re all about collaboration and teamwork
You take pride in submitting work you are personally proud of - work that is triple checked.
- Experience with SEO research or application
- Experience in graphic design
- Social media management
Programming Language – Must Haves:
While there will be some opportunities to work from home, co-location is important to our workflow and so work is predominantly done in our Toronto office .
Please do not apply if you unable to work in the HQ office.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.50 /hour
- building E-commerce websites using Woocommerce: 2 years
- Photoshop and Illustrator: 3 years
- WordPress Cornerstone builder: 1 year