Mechanical Designer Jobs Vacancy in Orbis Inc Vaughan
Orbis Inc Vaughan urgently required following position for Mechanical Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Designer Jobs Vacancy in Orbis Inc Vaughan Jobs Details:
An exciting opportunity awaits for a Sr. Mechanical Designer seeking a challenging position demanding discipline, tenacity, and tenure.
The position is based out of Vaughan, Ontario and requires a full-time commitment from an individual who has at least 5+ years in a similar role.
You will be leading a team of 1-2 Jr. Design Engineers to overcome complex projects under stringent deadlines.
The client is a major machine manufacturer in GTA, the majority of projects they take on are for Tier 1 Automobile Manufacturers.
The immediate team consists of 6 other design engineers ranging from intermediate to Junior experience, all reporting to Engineering Manager.
Time is of the essence, and projects are required to meet the tight deadlines with multiple hurdles.
- Experience and understanding of Manufacturing process, Automobile assembly, and testing (5 years minimum)
- Strong command of AutoCAD
- Technical Degree or Diploma
- Strong Communication skills
- familiarity Compliance and Standards along with ISO procedures
- familiarity with other design software (Solidworks, etc.)
Thing's you might like to know:
- The role is progression step for the right individual to one day lead the Design department
- 100% health benefits coverage after probation
- Company lunch each month
- Summer BBQ and a winter pizza lunch along with annual holiday party
- Currently an ongoing "step challenge" between internal departments
- potential bonus based on company performance
- continual Ontario Ministry of Labour safety training, including WHMIS
- A flexible start time of 7:00 AM or 8:00 AM
- Five personal off days a year
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Designing tools and machines, factoring all required engineering concepts such as materials stress and strength, RPM, Hp and all other variables
- Analyzing schematics and engineering drawings to extrapolate the shape, dimensions, hardness and other properties in the development of equipment, processes, and products.
- Creating detailed and working drawings using SolidWorks and generating a BOM as required
- Make sure all ISO standards are in place, match other compliance standards such as OSHA, CE or anything needed for the customer.
- Report all progress to direct supervisor
- Communicate with end clients on design requirements and changes, liaison with vendors for material selection, surface finishes, machining techniques, hardness, etc.
- Keep drawing documents updated and revise as required
- Being hands-on using tools such as verniers, callipers, and micrometers to measure and recreate existing tooling
- Supervise and delegate tasks to the team to accomplish design projects
- Work with other departments to incorporate into design features such as input and output requirements as required by electrical engineers or machine operations and process with PLC programmers
- Select the tools used in the manufacturing of mechanical components and equipment
Apply in confidence if you see this as an ideal opportunity for you!