Fisheries Division Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Qikiqtaaluk Corporation Iqaluit
Qikiqtaaluk Corporation Iqaluit urgently required following position for Fisheries Division Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fisheries Division Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Qikiqtaaluk Corporation Iqaluit Jobs Details:
This position will act as a link between Crews and vessel operator(s) with regards to ongoing crewing activities and logistics. In addition this position will be responsible for representing QC Fishery division in relation to various Qikiqtani communities on a variety of development projects
A requirement of this position will be a willingness to travel both to Ports to meet vessels and to communities to work with them in the development of their plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Travel to communities to discuss crewing requirements and project development opportunities.
- Develop marketing for community outreach related to fisheries opportunities.
- Working with the Director of Fisheries and vessel operators to develop, and implement annual crewing plans.
- Liaison with crewing officer (NAT) confirming availability of fishermen, crewing officer arranges travel from their home community to port
- Organize a project monitoring system to follow-up on project tasks, schedules, and project budget;
Qualifications and Skills required:
- High school diploma courses and 2 years of related experience; OR
- Minimum of 3 years doing crewing, liaison and or project activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Inuktitut
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of various positions on fishing vessels.
- MS Office Suite (Word processing and presentation software; Spreadsheets and database software; e-mail, etc.).
- At times will be necessary to handle crewing issues and crew changes outside of normal office hours.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Nunavut and the Northern Canada is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- doing crewing, liaison and or project activities: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- English and Inuktitut