Department Secretary Cultural Services Jobs Vacancy in District West Vancouver Vancouver
District West Vancouver Vancouver urgently required following position for Department Secretary Cultural Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Department Secretary Cultural Services Jobs Vacancy in District West Vancouver Vancouver Jobs Details:
DEPARTMENT SECRETARY – CULTURAL SERVICES
Permanent Part-time Position
The District of West Vancouver is currently looking for a permanent part-time Department Secretary to perform a variety of customer service and management support duties within our Culture Services Department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cultural Services this position will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative and clerical support to the management team including: drafting and processing correspondence, managing calendars, answering phones, responding to public inquiries, conducting basic research, creating, updating statistics and performance measures, filing, organizing departmental records, ensuring department webpage is up to date, and filling in reports and forms;
- Providing administrative and clerical support to a variety of working groups, boards, and committees including: coordinating meeting arrangements, preparing agenda and supporting materials, and taking, editing, transcribing and distributing minutes;
- Writing reports and other communication, including Council Reports, which requires very strong writing skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Processing and issuing of a variety of documentation;
- Handling public inquiries, which requires the ability to handle occasional conflict; and,
- Performing other duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: excellent customer service in order to effectively interact with the public and staff members; have a connection and a passion for the arts with some arts, events and/or festivals work experience and education; excellent written and communications skills with strong attention to detail; demonstrated conflict resolution skills; knowledge of business English, office practices and procedures; strong computer skills; thorough knowledge and ability using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint); and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent Part-time
21 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
$25.85 to $30.37 per hour
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org