Caseworker Child Care Subsidy Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo
Region Waterloo Waterloo urgently required following position for Caseworker Child Care Subsidy. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Caseworker Child Care Subsidy Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo Jobs Details:
Determines and authorizes eligibility for child care subsidy, with emphasis on the best interest of the child; approves payment to early learning and child care (ELCC) programs; and advises parents regarding ELCC options. Maintains a caseload to ensure ongoing subsidy eligibility through financial screening and assessment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques, early learning and child care, assessment/eligibility practices, administrative policies and procedures, and casework management, acquired through a 2-year college diploma/degree in a related field (e.g., Early Childhood Education, Social Science); plus 2 years of related experience in a social services or child and family environment.
- Knowledge of Regional and Provincial legislation, policies, procedures, and programs (e.g., Child Care Early Years Act); local community agencies/services; and social work issues and practices.
- Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills to establish monthly schedule, work independently, assess/determine applicant subsidy, complete financial assessments, perform calculations, maintain accurate and complete documentation, including justification for subsidy decisions.
- Communication and human relations skills to interview applicants to gather information; explain the child care subsidy program (directly or through certified interpreters) to applicants/clients, including their rights and responsibilities to ensure understanding; make program presentations to groups; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read and interpret files, applications and related information (e.g., financial information, legal, court orders, settlements, immigration status); publications and legislation updates to keep knowledge and skills up-to-date. Ability to write various correspondence,develop and maintain factual, concise and objective notes/files, complete subsidy forms, and write letters/memos.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect clients’ privacy.
- Ability to keep knowledge and skills current.
- Computer skills with ability to use software such as Provincial and Regional databases, Microsoft Office, and the Internet.
- Ability to travel to various locations within Waterloo Region.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3). *
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.