Administrative Assistant Corporate Jobs Vacancy in Toronto Community Housing Toronto
Toronto Community Housing Toronto urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Corporate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Corporate Jobs Vacancy in Toronto Community Housing Toronto Jobs Details:
Make A Difference
Do you see yourself working for one of the largest social housing providers in North America that is dedicated to improving the lives of its tenants? Are you a dynamic, service oriented individual, who is eager to learn, and can respond to the needs of a fast-paced organization and enjoys working in a team environment?
We are looking for an individual with exceptional administration skills. If you like a challenge and work environment where every day is different, then we have an opportunity you won’t want to pass up!
The Administrative Assistant, Corporate provides a wide range of administrative services functions, including coordinating meetings, preparing and drafting a variety of correspondence, preparing and updating files for corporate matters, process payments and invoices, personnel related issues, accounting and other support services related to the business of the Legal Services Division.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and update files for corporate matters
- Set up reminders for legal counsel for timely filing of legal documents
- Conduct corporate and business searches and registrations
- Maintain a schedule of corporate matters and deadlines, including filing of corporate documents, registrations and renewals (i.e. trademarks)
- Monitoring corporate records to ensure they are up to date
- Liaise with subsidiaries to obtain current information
- Liaise with TCHC staff, lawyers, governmental bodies, business partners, court staff, external organizations and the general public pertaining to corporate, business, trademark and contractual matters
- Take minutes during meeting
- Provide backup administrative support in the absence of the Legal Services Administrator, Board and Committee Secretaries; and/or other Administrative Assistants within the Legal Services Unit.
- Assist legal counsel with administrative duties
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents
- Co-ordinating meetings
- Process payments and invoices, personnel related issues, accounting and other support services related to the business of the Legal Services Division
- Respond to a variety of verbal and written inquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- Update law books with publisher’s new revisions
- Maintaining manual and electronic filing systems
- Keep files up-to-date and organized
- Open new files
- Identify completed files for closing
- Organize the files before closing
- Maintain records of the files to be closed and archive closed files
- Liaise with Records Retention
- 3 years of corporate secretarial experience or 3 years progressive administrative and legal experience in Corporate Law.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field of study (business administration, corporate law, law clerk, legal assistant, legal secretary or related programs).
- Proficiency with computerized business applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and information databases to prepare correspondence, legal documents and generate reports.
- Proficiency with online corporate and business search and registration systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office procedures and manual/electronic filing systems.
- Superior time management skills, and an ability to multi-task and deal effectively with competing demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills to respond to enquiries from a variety of internal and external stakeholders and from people of diverse language and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, prioritize projects, meet strict deadlines, and take initiative within a fast paced environment.
- Precision, attention to detail and ability to collect and organize information.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role. Only qualified candidates will be contacted to move forward in the hiring process. If you are contacted, the process will include an interview, possible written/practical test, and reference check.