Dispatcher Student Summer Job Jobs Vacancy in Oceanex Montréal
Oceanex Montréal urgently required following position for Dispatcher Student Summer Job. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dispatcher Student Summer Job Jobs Vacancy in Oceanex Montréal Jobs Details:
We are currently searching for a dynamic Dispatcher (temporary) for the summer period (from May to September) for our Montreal office. Reporting to the Inland Operations Manager, the dispatcher will coordinate and control movement of trucks and drivers to and from the Bickerdike Terminal in support of shipping schedules in the most effective and efficient manner, in accordance with established procedures. The dispatcher will act as a replacement for the vacations in the Operations department.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Oversee customer booking data in order to provide accurate information to the Drivers;
• Monitor and control movement of all carriers to ensure compliance with schedules;
• Coordinate and plan movements of all drivers and carriers to ensure compliance with schedules;
• Ensure equipment availability and interact with the Customer Service Department;
• Provide Pricing Department with required data to establish the rates, as needed;
• Monitor and control movements;
• Interact weekly with Accounts Payable Department on brokers’ charges;
• Respond daily to requirements from Compliance Service;
• Be on duty one quarter of the time, nights and week-ends;
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• College Degree in Transportation (equivalent work experience will be considered) OR in the process to obtain a degree;
• Good knowledge of the transportation environment;
• Computer literate;
• Bilingualism (French and English).
• Strong organizational and priority management skills;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Detail and deadline oriented; good sense of urgency;
• Analytical and problem solving skills;
• Client oriented.
You are interested and believe you have the skills we are looking for? Please forward your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.