Library Technician Jobs Vacancy in Algonquin College Ottawa
Algonquin College Ottawa urgently required following position for Library Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Library Technician Jobs Vacancy in Algonquin College Ottawa Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Manager, Library, Peer Tutoring, and Student Learning Centre, the incumbent performs Library Technician duties for a diverse clientele. The incumbent assists students with questions about College software and troubleshoots minor equipment problems or requests work orders if needed.
The incumbent exposes and refers students to the wide range of available resources which include various in-house, e-resources, e-journals, databases, e-books, on-line collection of videos, open educational resources and much more in a mobile environment.
The incumbent is responsible for the circulation of in-house video material and the maintenance of the video collection. The incumbent is responsible for the Library’s InterCampus Loan Service and for the weekly cash balance and deposit.
The incumbent must be flexible to on-going changes to their regular assigned hours which may include weekend and evening shifts.
- Minimum two (2) year Library and Information Technology diploma;
- Minimum three (3) years practical experience in an academic library setting;
- Strong knowledge of standard college software and mobile services;
- Strong written and verbal communication and skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with tact, diplomacy and professionalism;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- A solid understanding of the college strategic plan and the mobile initiatives;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please use the Internet Explorer browser when submitting your cover letter and resume.