Group Administrator Temporary Months Jobs Vacancy in Pacific Blue Cross Burnaby
Pacific Blue Cross Burnaby urgently required following position for Group Administrator Temporary Months. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Group Administrator Temporary Months Jobs Vacancy in Pacific Blue Cross Burnaby Jobs Details:
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage for approximately 1.5 million British Columbians through employee group plans and through individual plans for those who do not have coverage with their employers.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Community Connection Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
If you are committed to improving the health and well-being of British Columbians, we are currently recruiting a temporary, full time, Group Administrator to join our Group Services team! This role will be located at our head office in Burnaby, BC
Group Administration: Group Benefits Plans, Individual Plans and Health Benefits Trust (HBT) Contract Administration, Coding and Troubleshooting
1. Processes a variety of group benefit plans by:
- reviewing applications for new group coverage and requests for revisions to existing coverage; researching supporting documentation, such as correspondence and emails, and comparing revisions against the existing contract to locate missing information;clarifying group requirements and intent of requested coverage through written and verbal communication with other departments, external brokers, consultants and clients;
- creating and updating benefits policy shell using multiple online systems and web applications.
- translating requested group coverage into contract language which reflects specific client requirements.
- developing and recommending options for contract wording in complex, previously un-encountered or unusual situations, and in unclear cases, consulting with in house specialists to limit exposure to loss or liability.
- communicating verbally and in writing with a variety of contacts to explain and interpret contract wording, and to negotiate wording with internal contacts.
- creating and updating contracts and producing accompanying group benefits documentation through the online contract document system.Analyzes the requirement for new specialized wording to reflect contract requirements for new and existing clients. Develops specialized wording to accommodate client circumstances. Recommends contract wording to in house specialists where no precedence exists or where existing standards and guidelines are not applicable.
3. Troubleshoots claim payments that are not processed correctly by reviewing benefit codes and structures and implementing the best fix to resolve the issue.
Group Administration: Cancellations
1. Processes requests for cancellation of groups or entities within a group by reviewing structure set up to validate the group making the cancellation request, identifying shared provisions and recreating new plans or provisions to update claims deadline coding. Group Administration: Quality Assurance
2. Conducts peer review of Group Administrator work for set up of new group coverage plans, amendments to existing coverage and plan cancelations to ensure adherence to quality standards and best practices and to mitigate member impact.
Broker/Agent Commissions Administration
1. Reviews and validates new applications, creates commission and compensation service agreements to ensure accurate attachment of rate structures and creates and maintains broker/agent access to online systems for commission reporting purposes. Generates compensation service agreements and appendices through the SSRS reporting tool and submits to Finance for approval of commission payments. Researches non-payment of commission errors and initiates corrective action.
General Team and Department Support
1. Reviews a variety of system-generated reports to identify variances. Researches benefit contracts, applications, policies and related client documentation to determine the nature of the variance, and initiates corrective action.
2. Requests and delivers documents for distribution.
3. Maintains statistical information on daily activities and tasks to monitor productivity and adherence to department service level objectives by entering data on existing spreadsheets, checklists or related documents.
4. Provides ongoing on-the-job training to assigned team members either new to group administration functions or requiring additional learning support.
5. May act as a subject matter expert by providing technical advice to other departments.
6. May participate on a variety of project teams by acting as a business user representative throughout project execution to ensure the interests of Group Administration are being communicated.
7. Performs other assigned duties related to the provision of group administration services.
Completion of LOMA 280 (Principles of Insurance: Life, Health, and Annuities (36 hours)) or equivalent
High school graduation
Completion of Business Communications (writing skills) course (36 hours)
Completion of an Intermediate Word course (18 hours)
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Intermediate Word and Basic Excel.
A minimum of 3 years previous related experience in group benefits
Demonstrated experience in handling group benefits from an inquiry/Call Centre, adjudication or coding perspective in at least 2 lines of benefits (Extended Health, Dental, Life)