Food Services Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services Toronto
- Food Services Officer
- Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services
- Toronto ON
- 09 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services Toronto urgently required following position for Food Services Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Food Services Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services Toronto Jobs Details:
Bring your culinary skills to the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Toronto East Detention Centre, where you will prepare, cook and assemble standard and special diet meals in a conventional institutional kitchen.
Please note: This position is temporary, irregular on-call, 0-40 hours per week, and requires the ability to perform shift work of 8 or 10 hours per day, 7 days per week
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and assemble a wide variety of food, including complete meals, restricted diets, salads, snacks and beverages in a large institution
- Oversee proper handling and timely production and service of meals
- Ensure proper storage, preparation and portion control standards are met
- Provide direction and instructions to offender helpers
- Maintain an inventory of supplies
- Ensure the safety and security of helpers, staff and equipment
- Maintain proper sanitary conditions in the kitchen area
- You have a Red Seal Endorsement as a Cook from the Canadian Red Seal Program and/or extensive experience in volume cooking
- You have practical, applied knowledge of and skills in large volume cooking and baking principles, standard cooking and food preparation, food storage procedures and methods, portion control standards, the proper use of kitchen equipment and tools, and food safety practices
- You can instruct, train and supervise offender helpers
- You can communicate effectively with ministry staff, offender helpers and service providers
- You have good writing skills to prepare various reports
- You can interpret and apply relevant legislation such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System to ensure compliance with food preparation and storage, sanitation, food safety, and the proper use of kitchen equipment
- You can identify and assess workplace hazards, equipment malfunction and food services issues
- You have basic computer skills to input, track and record data
1 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 55 Civic Rd, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced - CPIC, VSS, PIP, Credit Check
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Health and Social Services
Friday, February 9, 2018