Front Desk Employee Casual Jobs Vacancy in Halifax Regional Municipality Cole Harbour
Halifax Regional Municipality Cole Harbour urgently required following position for Front Desk Employee Casual. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Front Desk Employee Casual Jobs Vacancy in Halifax Regional Municipality Cole Harbour Jobs Details:
The Front Desk position provides customer service support to staff and the public in community recreation facilities. Reporting to the Administrative Support, the Front Desk staff provides accurate and timely information to internal and external clients about services provided by Recreation Programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets public in a professional manner and assists as needed;
- Answers incoming calls promptly; takes messages, transfers calls and answers inquiries;
- Monitors the whereabouts of public while in building;
- Performs registration(s) and membership processing;
- Controls access to program and equipment rooms\issues keys and supplies to staff;
- Performs offices duties such as filing, faxing and photocopying;
- Calls class participants and instructors as directed to inform about cancellation and program changes;
- Keeps front desk area clean and organized;
- Informs supervisor of any issues or complaints received during shift;
- Handles money, balances at the end of shift and prepares deposit;
- Opens and closes building based on schedule and ensures building is secure;
- Other reception like duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 10 required.
- Previous customer service experience an asset.
- Previous experience in cash handling an asset.
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must enjoy working with the public in a customer service capacity
- Working knowledge of computers and various software (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and/or alone
- Able to communicate effectively both verbal and in writing
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Will be required to attend training for CLASS software, Occupational Health and Safety and Emergency procedures upon hire.
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants may be required to complete an employment security screening check.
COMPETENCIES: Communication, Customer Service, Values and Ethics, Organizational Awareness, & Valuing Diversity
Please note – Testing may be conducted as a component of the selection process to assess technical and job specific knowledge. Candidates, who are selected for testing, may be tested in a group setting, scheduled at the employer’s discretion.
WORK STATUS: Casual, Part-time
HOURS OF WORK: 5 - 35 hours
SALARY: $12.08 - 13.66 per Hour
WORK LOCATION: Cole Harbour Recreation Centre
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to midnight on Tuesday, May 29, 2018
This is a bargaining unit position. External applicants will only be considered if there are no qualified bargaining unit candidates.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview/ testing will be contacted.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the Recruiter when invited to the assessment process.
Qualified retirees from the municipality may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available, and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment.
(Position# 72289704 )