Senior Gui Developer Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Toronto
Hsbc Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Gui Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Gui Developer Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Toronto Jobs Details:
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Global Banking and Markets Technology
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC’s international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
The GBM Technology team is dedicated to supporting GBM by working in partnership with business leaders who rely on us for delivering innovative, robust, stable platforms to enable their investment and financial solutions for clients. Join GBM Technology and be part of the global connectivity, collaboration and team that spans across 20 countries. Canada is at the epicentre of GBM Technology’s global growth and development plan.
The Fixed Income eTrading development team is responsible for delivering global electronic trading solutions for the Credit / EM / Rates businesses which includes derivatives and bond trading. The Global Head of FI eTrading IT is in London, UK where the Global Heads of the Fixed Income business are headquartered.
A Day in the Life of a Senior GUI Developer
include the following:
We are looking for a talented senior DevOps GUI HTML5 Developer. The team is responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting the next generation of FX Cash and Options business systems in HSBC.
- Provide consultation and assistance to Corporate and Business organizations in the preparation of project plans as assigned.
- Controls critical cross-functional projects, related project risk and resulting impact on business and strategic plans. May function as Corporate-wide project manager for select projects. Defines and delivers global and strategic technical projects.
- Provide computer program and system development and technical support, implement complex technical strategies, and correct problems of a highly complex, critical nature. Initiate analysis for complex problems and issues, determine technical alternatives, analyze vendor solutions and negotiate contracts, and develop appropriate standards for technology application.
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to project team members as directed by the project manager. Initiate and conduct feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepare cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications. Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems. Perform reviews of new and existing systems to ensure operational integrity and accomplishment of stated objectives. Design, code, test, debug and document programs as required.
- Assist in the management of the partnership with the business unit.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Define project objectives and prepares project plans as assigned continuing to utilize technical expertise. Provides analysis and solutions to technical and business issues. Understand and apply technology and Corporate vision setting direction on implementation. Maintain awareness of business and technology strategies and implements technical alternatives and strategies to gain competitive advantage. Manage vendor relationships, and maintains the complex technical infrastructure of assigned area to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience with usage of HTTP Restful APIs
- Experience writing mutli-threads software desired
- Experience in GUI Testing tools such as Selenium
- Enterprise security is a plus
- MDX / OLAP / Active Pivot skills is a plus.
- Experience working in a DevOps focused environment
- Experience of working in an Agile Team.
- Highly collaborative and driven by successful product delivery as well as their own personal goals.
- Can demonstrate continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles.
- Strong understanding and experience of profiling and performance tuning.
- Able to undertake and complete technical challenges outside of comfort zone, sometimes with minimal direction.
- TDD, Continuous Integration, Selenium, continuous deployment and testing
- Interest and experience in a wide range of technologies and best practices surrounding GUI technology.
- Understanding of structure and mechanics of FX products.
- Demonstrates a passion for software development outside of work through involvement in opensource, working groups etc
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.