Administrator Procurement Jobs Vacancy in Via Rail Montréal
Via Rail Montréal urgently required following position for Administrator Procurement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrator Procurement Jobs Vacancy in Via Rail Montréal Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Manager, Development and Implementation of Processes, the Administrator will be the prime contact for transport and logistics requirements for the Procurement department as well as provide support for transactions related to contracts and purchase orders, including updating and maintaining pricing integrity in procurement related information systems.
- Oversees the day-to-day tasks related to the transportation and customs activities. Validates rates, conducts audits on invoices, prepares invoices for approval, and recommends corrective actions. Monitors the budget and analyses any discrepancies.
- Acts as the prime contact for all of the day-to-day transport and customs related requirements (internal & external). Resolves any logistics issues that may impact expected delivery dates for 4 maintenance center facilities across Canada.
- Maintains and administers contract and purchase agreements; investigates price differences in order to ensure conformity and integrity. Updates information contained in procurement related system databases (Oracle, SharePoint, Lotus Notes).
- Supports Procurement Officers with administrative tasks related to iProcurement, fuel, fleet, logistics, and pre/post award analysis and financial grid preparation.
- Liaises with suppliers and operations departments for all tasks related fuel, fleet, logistics.
College degree or diploma in administration or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in transport administration and logistics in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
-Experience with coordinating/tracking shipments with both suppliers and various carriers.
-Solid understanding of modes of transportation e.g. courier, LTL, TL
-Knowledge of customs requirements, NAFTA, Harmonized codes, valuation rules, etc.
-Knowledge of the Canadian and US transport carrier market
-Has experience in development and implementation of shipping and routing guides
-Experience with carrier on-line tools (tracking and invoicing)
-Experience in contract administration and support in a commodity procurement/purchasing environment.
-Advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Expert level in Excel
-Experience with procurement module in ERP system, knowledge of Oracle ERP system is an asset
-Proficient in French and English communication, both oral and written.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills
-Customer service oriented
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.