Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Sanmina Corporation Ottawa
Sanmina Corporation Ottawa urgently required following position for Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Sanmina Corporation Ottawa Jobs Details:
Viking Technology is a global technology leader in the fields of RF, Optical, Microelectronics and Memory technologies. With over 25+ years of experience in Engineering, Design, Manufacturing and Test, Viking Technology has led some of the most leading-edge OEM solutions for the embedded/industrial, medical, telecommunications, and military/aerospace markets. Viking Technology is a division of Sanmina Corporation (NASDAQ: SANM), a fortune 500 company, with a globally recognized name in technology, engineering, and trusted partner in all of manufacturing.
The RF and Optical Design Engineering group provides complete end-to-end product development solutions to a variety of customers. These activities include successful development and implementation of advanced RF and Optical components, modules and sub-systems. The team delivers projects from concept definition, detailed design, process and test development, prototyping and qualification phases, through to implementation into manufacturing. The RF and Optical Design team is looking for a RF/EM modeling and design engineer. The candidate will be responsible for design of complex RF systems and high frequency die level inter-connect. Responsibilities include delivering RF designs from concept to production ramp, defining and developing RF solutions based on advanced EM modeling. The candidate will be expected collaborate with a cross function product development team.
Nature of Duties/ Responsibilities
- Provide detailed design of RF interconnects and components over several frequency bands for a variety of applications (narrowband, broadband, wireless, high-speed digital, etc).
- Designing and modeling RF interconnects for multichip modules, micro-electronic packages and printed circuit cards.
- Designing and modeling RF components such as terminations, DC blocks, filters, couplers, splitters, limiters, antennas, etc.
- Working within interdisciplinary engineering team to develop high end RF/Optical product solutions in line with customer needs.
- Validating and correlating RF/EM models with lab measurements.
- Lead research into new techniques of high frequency interconnect.
- Provide mentorship within RF and EM modeling group.
Education and Experience
- Applicable University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with modeling and CAD design tools including HFSS, Si Wave, ADS, Cadence
- Programming experience in Matlab, C++, Python an asset
- 5 years of related experience
Sanmina welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.