Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Government Alberta Edmonton
Government Alberta Edmonton urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Government Alberta Edmonton Jobs Details:
In this position, you will be responsible for a wide range of administrative support services for the Executive Director, Food Safety Branch. As administrative support to the Executive Director, you will be the key contact for matters relating to human resources, information technology, contract and grant development, correspondence, and records management.
Key responsibilities include:
- drafting correspondence and emails
- managing the Executive Director's calendar, email, and travel arrangements
- records management (both electronic and hard copy)
- reviewing online time sheets
- acts as a liaison between the Executive Director's office and other divisions and branches
- verifying, coding, and processing invoice payments and Executive Director expense claims
- preparing contracts and grant agreements
- drafting and editing Action Requests
- cross training and covering-off other administrative staff as needed
- providing direct support to the Executive Director and Division Management team
- acts as back-up to the Branch and Food and Value-Added Processing administrators
To be successful, you will be proficient in word processing, desktop publishing, and creating and manipulating spreadsheets. You will require exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to problem solve and take initiative. A strong attention to detail, attention to service standards, and the ability to manage timelines is required. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team while demonstrating the Alberta Public Service Values of respect, integrity, accountability and excellence in everything you do is essential to your success.
You must possess the necessary skills to be proactive to ensure that operations within the Branch run smoothly. This requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to solve problems easily. Experience in a regulatory environment is considered an asset.
$48,109 - $58,902 annually
- This competition may be used to fill future vacancies.
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
Please follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/government-of-alberta