Senior Accounts Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal
Mcgill University Montréal urgently required following position for Senior Accounts Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Accounts Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administers accounts. Organizes distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Processes or monitors the processing of financial, accounting and payroll transactions. Examines, analyses and reconciles accounting and financial records as well as documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans, and others. Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Performs various administrative tasks according to the needs of the unit.
- Administers accounts. Organizes distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Acts as resource person and resolves problems. Prepares journal and ledger entries. Processes or monitors the processing of financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyses accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures, budgets, loans and others.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with University, government and granting agency guidelines, tax laws as well as accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of these matters and gives explanations to researchers, staff and agencies.
- Sets up accounts, sub-accounts, and budgets. Approves expenditures, receives funds and processes deposits. Compiles and prepares material to be sent to bank. Reviews, verifies and processes expense reports, requisitions, claims, advances, savings bonds, invoicing and charges.
- Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their implementation and development to improve efficiency within the unit. Liaises with computer resource persons as required. Sets up and maintains databases and spreadsheets. Enters data and updates information.
- Monitors and reconciles various accounts, statements, and reports. Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors. Makes corrections, processes adjustments and follows up on problems. Audits outstanding items.
DEP ( Accounting)
Four (4) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Ability to cultivate strong interpersonal relationships and provide strong customer service. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel). Strong attention to detail, along with excellent time‐management, multi‐tasking and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team and independently.
How to Apply:
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
staffing.hr [at] mcgill.ca
Applications must be received no later than February 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Schulich School of Music
$22.77 - $31.40
March 1, 2018 to June 28, 2019
Faculty Financial Officer
Friday, February 9, 2018