Admin Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Sickkids Toronto
Sickkids Toronto urgently required following position for Admin Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Admin Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Sickkids Toronto Jobs Details:
The Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumour Research Centre is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide support for the Centre. This position will report directly to the Director of the BTRC. The successful candidate will play a key role in organizing a wide range of events, including, but not limited to, a monthly seminar series, an annual lectureship, monthly PI meetings, fundraising events, etc. and will assist with special projects.
Here's What You Get to Do:
BTRC Seminar Series and Annual Lectureship
- Correspond with invited seminar speakers
- Arrange travel, limo service, hotel, etc., as needed
- Plan itinerary for speaker’s visit
- Book event rooms and audiovisual services
- Arrange for internal catering, dinner reservations
- Prepare poster and advertise widely
- Prepare and manage expense reimbursements and other associated internal and external costs
- Coordinate and gather information from key stakeholders for annual report
- Draft annual report document (with guidance from Operations Manager)
- Collaborate with Graphics Department for final format and layout of annual report
- Maintain website, ensure information is kept up-to-date
- Weekly posting of relevant information on adult and pediatric brain tumors related to the BTRC, to be posted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Recent publications, seminar announcements, job opportunities to be posted weekly
- Demonstrated previous experience in event management
- Excellent written communication skills for drafting and proof reading documents
- Exceptional interpersonal oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, particularly in managing time and tasks
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality, accurate work with limited supervision
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical awareness to set up PowerPoint and other simple AV systems when/if technicians are not available
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment