General Manager Jobs Vacancy in Batl The Backyard Axe Throwing League Calgary
Batl The Backyard Axe Throwing League Calgary urgently required following position for General Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Manager Jobs Vacancy in Batl The Backyard Axe Throwing League Calgary Jobs Details:
BATL, The Backyard Axe Throwing League, was founded in CEO Matt Wilson’s backyard in 2006. What started as a personal passion sparked by a summer camping trip soon spread through word of mouth in Toronto, and today nearly a million people have experienced the thrill of throwing axes at one of BATL’s indoor venues.
In the past 10 years BATL has been covered extensively by local, regional and international press; growing from our original backyard roots to today operating 14 locations across North America. We’re immensely proud to have been the first organization in the world to offer an urban venue to experience the thrill of indoor axe throwing in leagues, walk-ins and private events such as parties and team building.
BATL is now in a position to expand its roll-out of outlets across North America. Building on local success and best practices, BATL is currently preparing infrastructure to support aggressive expansion.
The GM’s role is to motivate & achieve results while maintaining our unique culture. Demands will vary, with the position overseeing all facets of operation - bearing ultimate responsibility for venue success. Specific duties include:
1. Customers: develop customer base through networking, Social media & delivery of an unparalleled experience.
2. People: lead hiring, training & management of direct reports; maintain an open, positive culture.
3. Partners: support profitability through development of local partnerships & advertising revenue.
4. Operations: ensure safe and smooth facility operation; including systems and vendor management.
5. Communication: provide ongoing feedback & reporting of best practices, requirements & forecasts.
Qualifications and Skills
- a) Innate ability to inspire team; strong leadership skills; high confidence and emotional EQ.
- b) Enthusiasm for teaching and sharing new experiences with others.
- c) Strong communication skills; ability to speak and write effectively.
- d) Experience building & managing a team or department within a startup or entrepreneurial setting.
- e) Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably with demonstrated success in hospitality &/or recreationmanagement.
- f) High competence with personal organization and productivity, including experience using Microsoft Excel.
- g) Innovative & strategic thinker; able to synthesize data & demands into results oriented business tactics.
- 3 weeks vacation per year.
- Health benefits.
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus incentive
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Management: 1 year
- Hospitality: 1 year