Financial Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City London London
City London London urgently required following position for Financial Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City London London Jobs Details:
Reports to the Financial Operations Analyst, completes subsidy claims for Community Services programs and consolidates City of London and County of Middlesex claims for Social Assistance and Child Care Programs, prepares monthly budget monitoring reports for Community Services Programs; processes accounts payable vouchers for approved expenditures; processes accounts receivable invoices.
- Prepares Provincial and Federal subsidy claims for all Community Services programs in accordance with applicable guidelines. Consolidates all Social Assistance and Child Care claims for the City of London and County of Middlesex under the Consolidated Municipal Service Management arrangement.
- Performs all steps in issuing Child Care subsidy for wage subsidy, fee subsidy, resource centre and special needs resource subsidy, including the issuance and tracking of Child Care agreements, monthly advance payments, tracking Child Care quarterly performance reports, and maintaining records of approved Child Care per diem.
- Prepares monthly budget monitoring reports for Community Services programs.
- Receives and verifies invoices, processes accounts payable vouchers and distributes cheques.
- Performs monthly account analyses, reconciliation and prepares adjusting journal entries as required and submits to the Finance Division in the Finance and Corporate Services Department.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of Corporate financial accounts to Provincial data base; processes expenditure and revenue journal entries and submits to the Finance Division in the Finance and Corporate Services Department.
- Reconciles cheque registers and prepares journals to initiate bank transfers.
- Prepares quarterly and miscellaneous accounts receivable invoices for Community Services programs.
- Liaises with Federal and Provincial staff, auditors, community agencies, suppliers and other internal departments.
- Performs related duties as required.
One year of a two year Community College Business - Accounting Program.
One to two years' related experience.
Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and various software.
- Working knowledge of the General Ledger system.
$36,095 to $52,844 (Level 7)
Current hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These hours of work are subject to change in accordance with the Collective Agreement and may include evening hours and Saturdays.
NOTE: Applicants may be required to complete a job related test.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check (PIC), dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).