Project Finance Controller Jobs Vacancy in Bank Toronto
Bank Toronto urgently required following position for Project Finance Controller. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Finance Controller Jobs Vacancy in Bank Toronto Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Senior Relationship Manager, Enterprise Project Finance, the role of is to provide financial support to the Segment Project Portfolio(s). This is inclusive of providing end-to-end project financial support including: development of business case financials; monthly review of actual and forecasts against plan, facilitating project planning and forecasting; providing insightful reporting and analysis and reviewing and challenging projects. The role is responsible for manage the relationship for the assigned segments inclusive of the Business, PDG and Segment Finance, ensuring project accounting practices are adhered to and the portfolio(s) is effectively managed and acts of the Controller for the project spend allocation. Accountabilities include the following:
- Perform the role of financial controller to the assigned Segment(s)
- Work with Business Sponsors, Project Managers and Segment Finance to develop and review business case financials. The incumbent will provide financial expertise and oversight to ensure financial and accounting standards are followed and properly reflected in the business case
- Manage financial aspects of project tracking and reporting for the assigned projects, ensuring alignment to annual fiscal budget.
- Conduct a monthly review of financial results relative to key benchmarks including quarterly and yearly Project Plans and Forecasts. Highlight critical changes and/or risks to the portfolio.
- Provide input to Technology and Segment finance team for monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting and annual planning.
- Participate in both the annual business plan and financial forecast cycles.
- Support financial / strategic portfolio analysis & insight for various senior executive/management teams. This requires the consolidation of data from various financial sources and the ability to transform financial data into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
- Provide thought leadership and drive change by improving project data governance & process, building stronger relationships with key business partners and the development of new value-added project analytics.
- Promote a positive work environment that encourages productivity, innovation, creativity, teamwork, analysis and advice – act as a role model.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (Segment Finance Partners, TS, Operations, Shared Services, PDG, Business Management, Governance, etc.)
- Be a subject matter expert on processes and controls around project authorizations, business cases, FPT and tracking of the financial impact of projects.
- Work with technology to automate reporting capabilities and implement controls for reporting accuracy
- Skilled in financial planning, analytics, and project costing / business cases
- Expertise in accounting guidelines and rules, focus on project accounting
- Ability to lead and influence
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to negotiate, problem solve and make decisions. Strong relationship building skills. Enjoy working in a team environment fostering positive rewarding relationships.
- Ability to get things done and deliver superior results. Continuous improvement mentality.
- Ability to independently manage deadlines while multitasking between different projects.
- Proactive self-starter – able to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise analysis/reporting that supports decision making.
- 5-7+ years in Finance/Project portfolio/ Management Reporting experiences, as well as having an accounting designation or working towards a designation (CPA/CGA/MBA/CFA) would be an asset
- Candidate should have knowledge of Capital Markets
- Experience performing project costing or business case functions
- An understanding of Agile, PDLC and Project Management practices would be an asset
- Practical experience providing financial support to a project intensive organization
- Experience using Financial and Project Management systems (ie. CA PPM, Hyperion, Insight)
- Excellent MS Excel/PowerBI /MS PowerPoint/ MS Word/ Outlook skills
- Experience developing, testing and documenting controls
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.