Senior Programmer Analyst Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary
City Calgary Calgary urgently required following position for Senior Programmer Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Programmer Analyst Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary Jobs Details:
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Information Technology Division Software Development Services, the Senior Programmer Analyst your duties can include and responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership, providing detailed technical specifications for application or process development.
- Leadership in team-based agile development, including peer code reviews for compliance.
- Works with the unit supervisor to establish and maintain best practices and standards.
- Innovation and research, provide creative and innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Leadership role analyzing and resolving production/technical issues.
- A Diploma or Degree (equivalent to 2-4 years of full-time study) in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, Management Information Sciences, or Physics.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing mobile-first windows/web applications using MS SQL, C#, VB, Java, Web API, and AngularJS, GitLab or TFS.
- 2-4 years’ experience using business analysis skills, with an emphasis on storyboards, data modelling, wireframes, and other artifacts supporting complete technical/business requirements.
- 2-4 years’ experience leading team-based agile development including code, resource and task management to deliver projects on time.
- Demonstrated advanced SQL skills, development work related to enterprise data warehousing considered an asset.
- Experience using Niche Records Management, OpenText Content Server(LiveLink), Intergraph CAD, SAP Business Objects are considered assets.
- You are a self-motivated individual who is results focused, with relationship building skills that help to coach and develop. You will be a good communicator who is effective and thorough. You will be able to work effectively in a changing environment and can demonstrate analytical thinking.
- An enhanced security clearance and pre-employment polygraph will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Calgary Police Service
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 20 months)
Location: 5111 - 47 Street N.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 12 $41.44 - 55.40 per hour (2017 rates)
Out of Schedule Rate: Pay Grade T12 $41.44 - 59.50 per hour
This position is presently paid an Out-of-Schedule rate
to reflect current market conditions. Should market
conditions change, the salary may be reviewed and
may revert to the base rate.
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: January 31, 2018
Job ID #: 300407