Mental Health Clinician Jobs Vacancy in Carrier Sekani Family Services Burns Lake
Carrier Sekani Family Services Burns Lake urgently required following position for Mental Health Clinician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mental Health Clinician Jobs Vacancy in Carrier Sekani Family Services Burns Lake Jobs Details:
Burns Lake, BC
Full time- 35 hr/wk
Carrier Sekani Family Services (CSFS) is looking for a Child and Youth Mental Health Clinician to assess and alleviate mental health concerns for Aboriginal children, youth and families residing in Burns Lake and surrounding area. Therapy service areas may include: trauma, anger, spirituality, parenting, abuse, confusion, stress, grief, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, dissociation, substance abuse and addictions issues.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Master of Social Work (clinical specialization or equivalent training/education), M. ED (Counselling) or MA (Clinical Psychology)
- Experience providing counseling services to children and youth
- Three or more years experience providing case management services
- Experience in therapeutic intervention
- Two or more years experience providing case management services and delivering prevention, early intervention and/or risk reduction programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions (specifically Carrier and Sekani)
- Knowledge of issues impacting children and youth in care
- Ability to work with children and youth in care and their foster parents/care providers
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating mental health and wellness services
- Ability to administer and appropriately score mental health-related test instruments, conduct suicide assessments and crisis interventions
- Facilitate learning based on learners age, education level, and need or readiness to learn in either one-on-one or group settings
- Maintain appropriate clinical administrative records using the MOIS information management system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Communication with a wide variety of internal and external clients is required
- This position routinely deals with a high degree of stress due to the complexity of issues, time pressures for decision making, unforeseen circumstances, changing priorities and uncertainty
- Initial and on-going employment is subject to submission of a clear Criminal Record check. Criminal Record Check must be conducted every three years. CSFS reimburses this expense.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers License and reliable vehicle with required business insurance
In accordance with Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, preference will be given to qualified candidates with Aboriginal Ancestry.
Deadline to apply: February 16, 2018 or until filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.