Director Capital Planning Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Government Alberta Edmonton
Government Alberta Edmonton urgently required following position for Director Capital Planning Infrastructure. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Capital Planning Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Government Alberta Edmonton Jobs Details:
Through their extensive leadership and management skills, coupled with visionary and practical expertise, this high profile position leads infrastructure development, asset management, and facility renewal throughout Alberta's provincial parks system, and coordinates the development and implementation of capital plans for the entire Ministry of Environment and Parks.
This position leads the development, implementation and evaluation of the capital plan for Alberta's provincial parks (valued at $239 million in approved projects). It is responsible for province-wide capital planning initiatives, site-level developments, infrastructure asset management, allocation of annual capital maintenance and renewal budget ($34 million/annually), and the completion of funding submissions for new, major capital projects.
This position also supports the Ministry's capital planning program (valued at $3.2 billion in approved projects) and coordinates Ministry Executive in the development of Ministry-wide capital strategies to deliver on the important commitments made in the Ministry's 25 Year Capital Strategy, Plan for Parks, and Water for Life.
- Post-secondary education in architecture, planning, engineering, resource management or related fields; supplemented by six years of related experience, including leadership & supervision.
- Knowledge of best practices in capital planning, asset management, land development, park operations and management.
- Experience coordinating decentralized teams of staff with expertise in a wide variety of disciplines such as architecture, landscape architecture, planning or engineering.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to synthesize financial information on capital projects from multiple sources into clear, concise reports for political and executive audiences.
- Demonstrates interest in the environmental stewardship of Alberta's great outdoor spaces as a lasting legacy for future generations.
- Understanding of GoA and Ministry business goals and initiatives.
- Understanding of the challenges and opportunities for Alberta Environment and Parks
- Knowledge of Government of Alberta's capital planning, business planning and financial planning (budget) process.
Agility - Ability to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively work in a changing environment.
Drive for Results - Knowing what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders.
Build Collaborative Environments - Leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
Creative Problem Solving - Ability to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.psc.alberta.ca/employees/DocList134.cfm
- Pension plan: http://www.mepp.ca/about
- Health Spending Account: http://www.psc.alberta.ca/Practitioners/?file=benefits/healthspendingacct/overview&cf=2
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name followed by the seven digit Job Opening ID number (Smith,Joe_XXXXXXX). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
To apply online, for first time users you will be required to create a Careers Account. https://jobs.alberta.ca/applying/how.html
Applicants frequently asked questions: https://jobs.alberta.ca/applying/faqs.html
Tips for applicants: https://jobs.alberta.ca/applying/tips.html
Please address your cover letter to Human Resources.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - http://work.alberta.ca/iqas It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact us at (780) 644-4614 . If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.