Gas Control Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Fortis Energy Surrey
Fortis Energy Surrey urgently required following position for Gas Control Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Gas Control Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Fortis Energy Surrey Jobs Details:
MoveUP Pay Group
# of Positions Available
Reason for Posting
Job Descriptions are intended to describe only the principal duties and responsibilities of a position. They are not meant to be either an inclusive or exclusive list of all work, tasks and functions of any particular job.
1. Coordinates the operation of the pipeline systems to ensure safe and efficient operating conditions, reliable customer service, optimum sourcing of gas supply, and observation of operating limits; collaborates with Gas Supply on the sourcing of gas in a manner that optimizes the operation of the pipeline system and/or the Gas Supply portfolio. Facilitates daily operational decisions of pipeline systems for Gas Control to provide continuity; discusses current and planned operations of the pipeline systems with Gas Controllers to ensure commitment to and delivery of expectations.
2. Acts as the primary point of contact for operating and non-operating groups/departments and designated staff from connecting pipeline companies to schedule, plan and execute activities that affect the availability, operation, capacity, and performance of pipeline facilities and ability of Gas Control to monitor and control the pipeline systems. Liaises with SCADA staff to provide support with changes, requests, initiatives, and upgrades.
3. Coordinates the release of pipeline facilities for scheduled work and the alteration of flows and pressures as required; maintains contact with field personnel to coordinate work, report problems, and initiate call-outs when required. Reviews and analyzes field procedures for pipeline construction, maintenance, and repairs; prepares Gas Control operational procedures in support of field procedures.
4. Liaises with other companies in the integrated pipeline to ensure stability of gas supply and flow and coordinate pipeline activities. Coordinates the management of On Balance Agreements (OBAs) with connecting pipelines to ensure compliance. Reviews and reconciles daily deliveries to/from interconnecting pipeline companies.
5. Keeps informed of industry developments and activities of other departments including Measurement, Transport and Marketing, Engineering, Gas Supply, Information Technology, Transmission Operations, and Distribution Operations; provides and obtains information regarding pipeline operation.
6. Provides support to the manager in the development and implementation of functional and administrative processes, procedures, programs, and documents for Gas Control. Ensures Gas Control documents, maps, procedures, and tools are current and up-to-date. Establishes and implements online cause/action procedures. Identifies and investigates system deficiencies/needs/changes and implements corrective measures.
7. Organizes and leads key operational meetings and complete special projects such as data analysis, data extracts, product evaluation, research, etc. Audits various processes and procedures to ensure compliance and best practices are met, including Inhibited SCADA points (weekly), Outstanding alarms on 48 hour alarm display to ensure follow-up (weekly), etc.
8. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
1. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and negotiation skills.
2. National Diploma from BCIT or similar institute of technology in Petroleum or Natural Gas Technology, or equivalent. Must be registered or eligible for registration as a technologist with the ASSTBC.
3. Seven (7) years’ work experience in the natural gas industry in a control, transmission, distribution, production, or gas supply environment, including 2 years in a control operator role or an operational scheduler role
4. Intermediate level computer literacy including demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and other applicable software (e.g. Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
5. Demonstrated ability to organize and evaluate data and make related and logical decisions.
6. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to understand the basics of pipeline gas hydraulics, compressors, control systems, and communication systems.
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.