Administrative Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Langara College Vancouver
Langara College Vancouver urgently required following position for Administrative Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Langara College Vancouver Jobs Details:
Permanent, Full Time
The Administrative Coordinator, Student Services provides confidential support to both the Dean of Student Services (DSS) and the Registrar by proactively conducting day-to-day administrative tasks as well as support the coordination of short and long-term projects. The key responsibilities include coordinating meetings/schedules, communication flow, expense management, monitoring tasks completion and timelines. The Administrative Coordinator also supports the entire Student Services portfolio, including the Department of Registrar and Enrolment Services (RES) through the coordination of cross-functional administrative efforts and helps to ensure that operations, key projects and events function efficiently. In a variety of complex, confidential and non-confidential matters, the Administrative Coordinator performs their duties using tact and discretion on a regular basis.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or completion of a two-year diploma, in a related discipline such as business, communications, psychology, etc.
- Must have at least two years’ experience working in a Coordinator-type role, with responsibility for ensuring the successful completion of multiple, concurrent tasks
- Must have at least four years of recent, related experience in progressively responsible administrative positions, preferably in a unionized environment, ideally in a post secondary educational institution,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must have extensive experience managing a constantly changing, senior-level administrator’s calendar.
- Experience and/or training in project management, event planning, business communications, leadership, budget support, and/or time management a definite asset.
- Should have a high level of knowledge and superior competence in using MS Office applications at an intermediate level, comfortable with skills such as Mail Merges, Conditional Formatting, Filters, Smart Fields, Track Changes, etc.
- Experience with minute taking, a basic knowledge of formal meeting protocols an asset.
- Working knowledge of BANNER considered an asset, but not required.
- Requires a proactive, independent, individual who takes initiative in all duties, and is comfortable finding answers to his/her own questions.
- Must be able to receive, prioritize and accurately complete requests from multiple managers.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgement and demonstrate resourcefulness to proactively identify and respond to issues, with minimal supervision.
- Must be diplomatic and poised in all situations, including when interacting with students, faculty and colleagues in often confidential, sometimes emotional and contentious situations.
- Must be organized and efficient, with an eye for detail.
- Must demonstrate follow-through to see tasks to completion.
- Must able to handle confidential personal and sensitive information with discretion.
- Must demonstrate excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Should be competent in utilizing effective time-management skills in order to complete tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Should be comfortable working in a heavily unionized setting, however this position is not part of a union.
- Preference given to those with accurate word processing skills of 50 wpm or higher.
Employee Group: ADMIN
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
Please note that internal applicants may be given first consideration.
Closing Date: February 19, 2018
Competition No.: A007-18
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.