Communications Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Innovation Guelph Guelph
Innovation Guelph Guelph urgently required following position for Communications Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Innovation Guelph Guelph Jobs Details:
Position: Communications Assistant
(Summer Intern Role – 30 hours/wk)
As the Communications Assistant you will work with the Innovation Guelph team and partners to support entrepreneurs in Guelph and Wellington County.
Specifically, your role will carry out supervised projects related to community engagement, external and internal communications, special projects and campaign development. Your role will include supporting and reporting on all event, marketing and communications activities to elevate Innovation Guelph’s brand and inform the community about our programs.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with a wide range of professionals, across many public and private sector organizations, with a focus on the Agri-Innovation, Information Communications Technology, Advanced Manufacturing and Cleantech sectors.
What does your day to day look like?
You’ll work closely with your supervisor, the Senior Communications Officer, as well as the Graphic Designer and Creative Lead, who will involve you in a range of projects aimed at supporting entrepreneurship such as:
- Assisting with event setup and coordination of workshops and other events
- Assisting with digital communications including social media posting and engagement
- Assisting with content creation and execution including special creative/technical projects such as blog writing, video content, infographics, and email marketing
- Reporting monthly social media and SEO results to help drive future marketing decisions
- Manage the external events and opportunities calendar, liaising with external stakeholders to find appropriate events and opportunities for entrepreneurs
This job is for you if you are/have:
- Eligible for the Summer Student Job Program
- A student, returning back to school in September
- Interested in entrepreneurship and start-ups
- Focusing your studies on business and/or marketing
- Passionate about being part of an exciting team and eager to make a difference
- Proficient with standard MS Office programs
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience with a wide range of social media tools, google analytics, constant contact, Hootsuite, and similar programs
Summer Student Job Program Criteria for Applicant:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- Has a valid Social Insurance Number at the star of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
How to apply:
Send your resume and short paragraph on why you think you’re right for this job to by May 25, 2018.
Innovation Guelph is a living wage employer and is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce. Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract