Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Nikkei National Museum Cultural Centre Burnaby
Nikkei National Museum Cultural Centre Burnaby urgently required following position for Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Nikkei National Museum Cultural Centre Burnaby Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Executive Director, is responsible for all reception and office administration at the NNMCC and that we meet our mission, vision and values. Key responsibilities include ensuring optimal visitor service experience, membership enhancement, and manage day-to-day payments. The Office Assistant works collaboratively with members of the NNMCC including the Sales Coordinator, Cultural, Education and Programming Coordinator, Accountant and other NNMCC staff and volunteers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls and takes messages.
- Gives basic information about programs, rentals, upcoming events, donations, memberships, volunteering and information about the Japanese Canadian community.
- Refers visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Receives incoming mail and processes all outgoing mail /packages.
- Manages Lost and Found.
- Sells tickets/ manages registration for NNMCC events and other special events.
- Orders and maintains inventory of routine office supply purchases
- Communicates with service providers – eg, phone, internet.
- Carries out general administrative duties such as invoicing, filing, backups.
- Assists with the payments for program and instructor fees.
- Maintains petty cash.
- Receives and records payments for membership, programs, bookings, donations, etc. and promptly submits to the Accountant.
- Records the day-to-day transactions and promptly submits to the Accountant.
- Receives invoices and submits to the Accountant.
- Mails out or distributes cheques as per the Accountant’s instructions.
- Delivers tenant billings. Deposits cash and cheques daily and maintains an accurate record according to the procedures and protocol
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Prepares media releases and listings for local Japanese media.
- Assists in updating the website with general and programs information.
- Japanese language ability an asset.
- Oversees office volunteer training.
- Schedules weekly office volunteers.
- Oversee the administration and communication of the NNMCC Membership program.
- Administer timely renewals and new applications of the NNMCC Membership program
- Ensure data base is up to date to ensure that members receive NNMCC communication vehicles such as Nikkei Place Update
Job Type: Part-time