Business Application Support Officer Jobs Vacancy in House Commons Ottawa
House Commons Ottawa urgently required following position for Business Application Support Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Application Support Officer Jobs Vacancy in House Commons Ottawa Jobs Details:
- Language Profile
Bilingual Imperative (English / French)
- Reading comprehension: Intermediate level (B)
- Written expression: Intermediate level (B)
- Oral interaction: Superior level (C)
- Your Challenge
The Business Application Support Officer (BASO) provides desktop, IM and application support services, training and coaching to
Procedural Services’ staff, as well as manages software, hardware and access permissions to network. The Officer also
participates in the planning, development, testing and deployment of new hardware/software, applications, projects, and defect
fixes and enhancements.
- High-School Diploma.
- Experience working and in depth understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with computer hardware and peripherals;
- Experience in providing first level support to users on the resolution of issues with applications or systems;
- Experience in the analysis of user requirements for applications and/or systems including the delivery of training to users.
- Experience working with project management principles, methods and practices;
- Experience working with the House of Commons' Administration customized or in-house applications and/or systems (e.g. PRISM, Symphony, etc.);
- Successful completion of post-secondary diploma in Information Technology.
Selected candidates will be evaluated against the Procedural Services Competency Profile - Specialized Support.
- The purpose of this recruitment and selection process is to staff various positions of Business Application Support Officer on a term or indeterminate basis and to establish a pool of potential candidates that may be considered for temporary or indeterminate positions at the House of Commons.
- Essential Information
- In accordance with operational needs, you may be required to work extended or irregular hours or overtime on short notice.
- In accordance with operational needs, you may be required to work on evenings or weekends.
- Selected candidates who do not have valid second language evaluation (SLE) results will be assessed. Bilingual non-imperative appointments could also be considered.
- Please note that only applications submitted through our Career Portal will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) on March 30, 2018.
- Please save a copy of the notice of job opportunity as well as all related documents. Once the closing date has passed, these documents will no longer be available.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Recruitment and Selection at email@example.com before the closing date and time of the recruitment and selection process. We will respond to enquiries within 24 hours (excluding statutory holidays and weekends).
- The House of Commons is committed to an inclusive workplace that ensures full and equal access to employment, development and advancement opportunities for current and future employees.
- Relocation and travel expenses incurred during the recruitment and selection process are the applicant's responsibility.
- A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates.
- The masculine form is used in documents for the sole purpose of simplifying them: it is not discriminatory in any way.