Registered Early Childhood Educator Rece Jobs Vacancy in Kingsway College School Toronto
Kingsway College School Toronto urgently required following position for Registered Early Childhood Educator Rece. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registered Early Childhood Educator Rece Jobs Vacancy in Kingsway College School Toronto Jobs Details:
At Kingsway College School, we teach our students from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8 in innovative ways for 21st century learning. Our difference is in the design: students learn the habits that matter most for success in life through our Four Doors to Learning program in academics, arts, athletics, and citizenship. Our caring team of teachers and staff work collaboratively to ensure each student is challenged, inspired and supported. With small classes, we ensure that students learn to display respect, demonstrate good manners and try their best. We are committed to purposefully integrating technology into our educational program and offering a strong extra-curricular program. Faculty members receive generous preparation time, remuneration and benefits. KCS is a member of Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools.
We are seeking to hire an energetic and enthusiastic Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to join our Early Learning Program (ELP) in PK-SK. Candidates must be familiar with ELECT. This individual will join as a Full-Time RECE beginning August 27, 2018.
- Design, or co-design with teaching partner, a program that meets or exceeds Ministry of Education expectations, that aligns with our mission of being a defining force for developing lifelong learners, and that best prepares students for their next grade.
- Effectively deliver, or co-deliver, the program in a way that allows all students to learn and feel successful. The program should purposefully include:
- Best practices in instruction and assessment
- Differentiated instruction
- Critical and creative thinking
- Integration that includes one or more of the following connections: cross-curricular, citizenship, technology, library (as appropriate and meaningful for the subject)
- Ongoing development of KCS Habits of Mind, Body and Action, as appropriate and meaningful for the subject
- Approaches to developing student self-discipline that are rooted in instruction, review, support, high expectations, understanding and unconditional respect. This includes directly teaching the Habits of Mind, Body and Action and, where appropriate, the use of Class Meetings to teach collaborative problem-solving
- Communicate the program with parents at Curriculum Night and through weekly updates on the school website. All staff play an important role in the marketing of KCS to current and prospective families by their positive interactions in person or through written communications with the students and parents.
- Unless the signed contract specifies otherwise, full-time faculty are expected to be at school within the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at a minimum so that teachers can collaborate, parents may reach you, and you are available to help with unforeseen coverage needs. If an exception is necessary, please discuss this first with the Head and inform the Assistant Head, Operations.
- Subject teachers must aim to be on time for subject rotations to ensure that everyone’s day runs smoothly
- Contribute to marketing efforts by making sure the hallways, lockers and classrooms are tidy, saying hello to prospective families and providing positive word of mouth about the school.
- Respond to parent emails and phone calls within 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays; if necessary, the response may be simply an acknowledgement of the parent’s question and the need for some time before a full response is possible. Email should be used to answer factual/straightforward questions such as “Is the field trip tomorrow or Thursday?” Questions regarding assessment, social or discipline situations should be addressed in person or on the phone. Miscommunication can often result when using email for these types of questions.
- Perform supervisory duties as assigned and as required, arriving on time and ready to supervise
- Have detailed plans ready when absent, including information on class routines and students with health issues
- Follow procedures for field trips, fire drills, student emergencies, accident reports etc. as described in documents provided to all faculty (see the employee handbook, Green Binder, and duotangs for fire drills and going away).
- Pursue ongoing professional growth activities and work collaboratively with colleagues to optimize learning and achievement throughout the school.
- Individually or with teaching partner (where applicable), complete three terms of report cards and participate in two sessions of parent-teacher-student interviews; teachers are also to provide a mid-term update to parents by mid-October. Communicating often with parents about both the positive and negative interactions and results of students has proven in most instances to be beneficial in establishing a partnership between the teacher and the parents.
- Participate in school-wide or division-based curriculum development activities; share curriculum concerns or ideas with Assistant Head, Academics on an ongoing basis in order to help the school address problems and pursue opportunities
- Individually or with teaching partner (where applicable), update curriculum maps multiple times each year so content is current
- Attend division meetings; teachers who teach one or more divisions may choose to regularly attend the meetings of one division only
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Either lead or help lead a minimum of one extra-curricular activity per term (or the equivalent) each school year.
- Assist in school-wide events during the regular school day (i.e., Terry Fox Run, Sports Day, Halloween Parade, Ooch Walk, etc...)
- Attend certain special events outside of school hours such as the Welcome Back BBQ, the Christmas concert, Closing Ceremonies and at least one Grade Party. Attending other special events, the Gala, Advancement events, and the musical is also highly recommended to build relationships with families in the community.
- Work according to the standards in the KCS Habits of Mind, Body and Action
Cover letters and resumes should be forwarded to Mrs. AnnaMaria Esposito, Registrar and Head’s Assistant, no later than Monday, May 28, 2018.
Reply via regular mail or an email attachment to:
Kingsway College School
4600 Dundas Street West
(416) 234-5073 ext.211
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.