General Help Jobs Vacancy in Purdys Chocolatier Vancouver
Purdys Chocolatier Vancouver urgently required following position for General Help. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Help Jobs Vacancy in Purdys Chocolatier Vancouver Jobs Details:
Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Do you have a keen eye for detail, great communication skills, and a desire to work in a positive team environment?
Purdys Chocolatier is looking for General Help Full Time to join our efficient Production Teams at our Chocolate Factory and Warehouse in Vancouver, BC !
There are 2 locations . You may be asked to work at either with 24 hour notice flexibility.8330 Chester St (near Fraser and SE Marine)2777 Kingsway at Earles
This is a great opportunity for full time work at our factory and warehouse. Full, open availability for all types of shifts (day/afternoon/evening) is mandatory.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coating and garnishing of cream centres, caramels, and other products
- Sorting and packaging of the final products in proper boxes in accordance to the quality and productivity standards
- Consistently meeting daily production targets
- Keeping cleanliness of equipments, machines and work stations
- Examining products and recording results for quality control
- Maintaining a “team-centered” atmosphere
- Performing other duties as assigned
- High school graduate education level
- Availability for ALL 3 types of shifts - Days, Afternoons, & Evenings
- Availability for a full time workweek, 40 hrs/week
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience working with Food Manufacturing Machinery is an asset
- Ability to lead and influence others is an asset as we are also seeking Lead Hands
**As this is a unionized work environment – union membership is mandatory upon hire.
**For the safety of our employees, steel toe boots are also a requirement.
Pay: Starts at $15/hr and increases $1 every 2080 hours until full rate for General Help at 10400 hours
- Lead Hand premium: $2/hr
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.