Program Facilitator Community Mentoring Jobs Vacancy in Rexdale Community Health Centre Etobicoke
Rexdale Community Health Centre Etobicoke urgently required following position for Program Facilitator Community Mentoring. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Facilitator Community Mentoring Jobs Vacancy in Rexdale Community Health Centre Etobicoke Jobs Details:
Program Facilitator-Community Mentoring
1 Full-time, Leave of Absence Coverage (3 months)
Rexdale Community Health Centre (RCHC) is a non-profit, multi-service, community-based organization that serves communities in Rexdale and North-West Etobicoke. Operating out of five locations, RCHC offers core services that include; primary health care, health promotion, community development programs, Pathways to Education and Diabetes Education Centre.
The primary goal of the Pathways to Education program is to address the social determinants of health by providing programs and services to enhance the educational and employment success of youth in the Jamestown community. We work with high-school students to keep them in school, improve their academic success and help them move on to post-secondary education.
The Program Facilitator – Community Mentoring, will be part of the Pathways team specifically developing the Community Mentoring component with senior students in Pathways. The critical function of this position is to support social needs and career interests of Pathways students in their third year of the program and above by encouraging student participation in after-school mentoring opportunities.
- Develop, monitor and assess relationships with program partners offering Community Mentoring programs, employment programs, internship opportunities designed in conjunction with Pathways to Education
- Provide orientation, maintain communication and on-going support to engage programming partners
- Liaise and maintain relationships with outside organizations specific to volunteer, and employment programming as resources
- Ensure opportunities for Pathways students to participate in a range of Community Mentoring opportunities provided through existing youth programs
- Facilitate Pathways-sponsored Community Mentoring in some or all phases of recruitment, volunteer training, student registration, on-going program support, program facilitation, monitoring of participation, evaluation and documentation as needed
- Support Student Parent Support Workers to encourage and monitor their students’ participation and involvement in Community Mentoring
- Be available to students, and coordinate appointments to ensure students gain supports through Community Mentoring initiatives
- Provide volunteer / program placement to youth not involved in Community Mentoring
- Meet on an as-needed basis with staff, parents, volunteers and students to share strategies and information on ideas and resources about student responsibilities with Community Mentoring
- Provide monthly reports to the Coordinator of Mentoring
- Prepare reports on the progress of students on an ongoing basis
- Assist the Coordinator on reports or communication to programming partnerships
- Maintain Community Mentoring database through PASS
- Facilitate and organize Community Mentoring events, and workshops to enhance youth exposure to various programming in the community
- Facilitate student involvement in programming, workshops, retreats, camps, employment, internships etc, as needed
- Support students developing resumes and portfolios with Community Mentoring entries and develop interview skills for employment preparation
- Identify, promote and organize information on summer internships and summer/part time jobs
- Participate in and contribute to mentoring, Pathways and RCHC team activities, committees and meetings
- Develop specific routines on safety for any off-site activities
- Maintain Community Mentoring resources
- Participate and meet as a team with other Program Facilitators- Mentoring
- Update and circulate programming options for students and criteria to consider
- Keep updated on community resources and mentoring techniques
- Meet with SPSW’s on strategies for improvements on student participation
- Collect and act on information from SPSW’s notes and observations
- Problem solve difficulties…celebrate successes with all students and staff
- Document any incidents or situations of difficulties involved with Community Mentoring
- Identify signposts/patterns of successes/difficulties with Community Mentoring
- Prepare recommendations for program improvements
- Gather research data from staff, students and partnerships
- Assist, as needed, Program Facilitators – Group and Career Mentoring
- Other duties as may arise to support Pathways or RCHC
- Other tasks that may be assigned, from time to time
- Relevant college or university degree or combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience as a mentor, tutor, youth worker or related experience working with high school youth from diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of group dynamics and mentoring relationships for youth
- An understanding of the strengths and capacities of, as well as the barriers and challenges faced by youth in Rexdale with a particular focus on factors affecting educational success and personal development of students from diverse cultural backgrounds in low-income communities
- An understanding of the Rexdale community and its resources
- Experience matching youth with employment and/or volunteer opportunities
- Experience working with volunteers, community resources and program partners
- Knowledge of, and experience with, small group dynamics and experience in facilitation appropriate to youth from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Experience in planning and delivering successful informal programming for youth
- Knowledge of community and social service resources, in particular services for youth which can support their individual learning and growth
- Must be able to provide a security clearance
Salary Range: $20.56 - $27.42 (depending on experience), This position does not include Extended Health Benefits and Pension Plan benefits. You will be entitled to statutory benefits and 4% vacation pay.
Hours per week: 35 (flexible hours)
Starting date: June 4, 2018
End date: August 31, 2018
Status: Unionized position
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Generalist
Please quote ‘PF-CM’ in subject line.
Closing date applicants: May 31, 2018
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Rexdale CHC strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes please contact Human Resources for assistance. We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633
Job Types: Full-time, Contract